Considering buying a flaminia

CD's with partsbook, workshop manual, original sales brochures, instruction booklet, ads.
Luis A.

Considering buying a flaminia

Unread post by Luis A. »

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting to research the Flaminia hoping to acquire one in the not too distant future. I do all mynown servicing on my cars (Citroen, Fiat, Porsche, BMW) so service information and parts availability is very important to me. I found some useful service information here in the form of the CD's being sold. I have not found any source of parts online, however. Are there any? Where?

I would also appreciate knowing if there are any owners anywhere in the Midwest. I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.

I look forwardnto receiving any and all advice you can provide me.

Thanks!

Luis
b20swalt

Re: Considering buying a flaminia

Unread post by b20swalt »

Luis,

A Flaminia is a great car to add to your collection. Please contact me directly at b20swalt@gmail.com or at 412-720-4334.

Walt Spak
American Lancia Club East Coast VP
Pittsburgh, PA
Jean de Barsy

Re: Considering buying a flaminia

Unread post by Jean de Barsy »

A Flaminia is a wonderful car and certainly ranks among the best cars the 60's era can offer but they must be in good condition o enjoy them fully.

Mechanically there's only praise, but the body is often far gone. Check where the subframe is attached to the body. Whatever the model, you will probably encounter some sort of rust there and that's what holds the car together!

The GT's and Convertibles by Touring have many steel tubes and it's a miracle if they're still there in their original form as rustproofing was unexistant back then. The quality of craftmanship by Touring in comparison with Zagato is excellent.

The Zagato's were all badly made and are often already "restored" as their survival rate is by far the lowest of all, so you need to check the quality of this "restoration". the good point with Zagato's and due to their value is that there's a good margin for repairs, so good ones do exist.

The PF Coupé is not yet "very valuable" and few benefitted from a decent restoration. The Berlina is by far the best built of all variants but restored ones are almost unexistant. Many PF's and Berlina's that still look good today are well cared for, but check the subframe anchoring points.

I would go for the best one, don't matter what coachbuilder it comes from. The Berlina has the most beautiful interior and drives superbly, the Touring versions are the most beautiful (except for the odd sized GTL), the PF coupe has bags of style and the Zagato's are the most valuable models but their interior is quite sad.

For all variants, the 1st series are in my opinion the best ones. The Berlina with it's inner and outer wipers on the rear window, the PF coupe with the nice wider seats (later ones have Flavia style seats), Tourings remained unchanged and the very 1st series Zagato with plexi covers in front looks stunning. Then, on the 1 1/2 series the little lights in the front became bigger and the lightness of the design was gone. The 2nde series is also very nice with the upright front lights and curvy fenders. The SS, is less attractive. The nose is ugly, the Kamm tail looks good, but the license plate holder somehow ruins it... Well, it's all personal of course!

Return to “70 Flaminia”