TUNING OF FLAMINIA TOURING

CD's with partsbook, workshop manual, original sales brochures, instruction booklet, ads.
IGOR1

TUNING OF FLAMINIA TOURING

Unread post by IGOR1 »

... friends, what is your opinion on this Flaminia ..
IGOR1

Re: TUNING OF FLAMINIA TOURING

Unread post by IGOR1 »

Ed Levin

Unread post by Ed Levin »

why?
IGOR1

Unread post by IGOR1 »

I mean historical value ...
Is the car after the change, a full-value Flaminia GT?
lucasgeheniau

Unread post by lucasgeheniau »

I think it is very ugly, complete out of proportions.
The original Touring does not need a Ferrari nose.

(td)
Ed Levin

IGOR1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I mean historical value ...
> Is the car after the change, a full-value Flaminia
> GT?

If it can be documented as having been done in period by a known designer, possibly. If it was done later, no.
Randy Adams

Unread post by Randy Adams »

Very sad. It will cost a lot of repair it.
fulvia a.i.

Unread post by fulvia a.i. »

how did I miss this ?

isn't it very low-priced ?

might I saw "I like it; I'd like to own it just as it is...but I'd never take it to a Lancia Meet ?

whoever did it spent a lot of colored numbered paper creating this "unique-look"

I agree with "why" too ? why did they do it ?

I don't care; I'd still like to have it.

Instead of dreaming about it, I'll tell you that I have recently become the owner of a vintage....... Italian Cologno Racing Bicycle; that I've not riden in-anger yet !! But I will !!

It is a a 'non-pimped' perfect original, very low km'age Italian (wot else?) 21 speed bike. It is exactly 1/2 my age & is much sleeker that a shark-mouth Flaminia. It too has a leather seat - in Can Can Red !! The seat is new !

It came from a huge collection of racing bikes that has now been reduced to a reasonable #, about 35 or so !!

I knew the collection; this bike was in it....but hidden away under a dust-cover. I 1st saw it 1 day after I had spent a very pleasent evening in Landau near the French Border with a Italian Collectors of rare Italian Bikes, Bikes with History & with hot-spark-motors. Racing & Street Models. I almost passed out !

His collection graces what used to be his 5 Star Italo Restaurant in a Palace (like) Garden. The ex-Dining Room is now his office & ftiness Room; with Bikes scattered over the shiny marble floor!

Yes, he too is reducing his collection. He told me that a friend of his in Italy, I have forgotten which city, has a Bike Collection at least 10x larger & 25x more valuable!!! Some of the Landau Bikes will go to that "Private-Collection" soon !

2 months he sold a S3 Fulvia 1.3 Cpe that he had imported about 20 yrs ago & then never got around to driving (he said) !!! ...It was sold back to its original owner.......in Italy; who is not the Bike Collector !!!

I saw only the photos ! It looked new in them. I am glad it went to Italy & not to my Garage !

His restaurants ex-kitchen crew, all Italian, all over 70 !! are also Bike Nuts, who now maintain the collection....& keep the lovely Garden looking very lovely ! They expected to open the Garden to the Public this Summer, with support of a local-Brewery; a Renaissance Beer Garden; but it has rained all summer ! Phoooey !!
gamma a.i.

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

ummm, by reading about this wonderful Flaminia elsewhere I discovered that the 'conversion' was done about 30 yrs ago; current owner does not know why, when nor by whom ! amazingly, it has not been sold !
Ed Levin

probably by Helen Keller Coachworks...

Return to “70 Flaminia”