Skyhook problems

Aleksandar Vidojevic

Skyhook problems

Unread post by Aleksandar Vidojevic »

Hi,

I bought used Lancia Thesis 2.0t end of August 2010. The car is very nice and generally in good condition, but I have some problems that I would like to share.

The problem is that the suspension very hard when I cross over bumps or irregularities on the road seams. There are no soft absorbent, but very hard suspension reaction (similar to sports car suspension). The worst situation occurs when the cars go on the tram rails. It shakes like crazy. But on the motorway, the car drives very nice. It is good, swinging on bends, there is no. All seams very firm and solid. It deals with the ride very quiet.
I went to specialized services, review the suspension (special machines for suspensions) and I have two different opinions. A service claims that front suspensions are not good, were the other machines, the suspensions are like new. This is very confusing.

I checked the car in 3 professional services in Serbia and they all say that the suspension is in order. I moved recently, two front lower arms on the front axle. We see no physical damage to suspensions (front and back) or in an oil leak. The services they tested 3 times.

I would very much appreciate opinions and suggestions because I did not know what "normal" means in relation to the thesis of suspension.

Thanks
arnoldf

Re: Skyhook problems

Unread post by arnoldf »

I've got the same problem. Looks like the skyhook controller has got
a problem. On next week i'll try with another one and i'll write here the results.
Arnold - Lancia Thesis 3.0 Emblema - Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0TS
http://www.loudlink.eu - Cd changer replacement solid state car MP3 players for Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati, Porsche
mikele

Unread post by mikele »

hi all

please use the examiner to find broken sensors etc.
i have the same prob. just in connection with the EPB.
this week i have my car under investigation!!!!!!!!!!!!

joke off

just
mikele
Attachments
lancia freunde stammtisch okt. 030 (large).jpg
lancia freunde stammtisch okt. 030 (large).jpg (110.2 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
mikele

Unread post by mikele »

hi all

we have found 2 broken connections per computer.small version for a little garage.

it was a simpel disconnection.
now everything is working fine. no more epb or any msitake.
no low voltage !!!!!!!!

just
mikele
Attachments
fotos-0144.jpg
fotos-0144.jpg (162.14 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
fotos-0044 (large).jpg
fotos-0044 (large).jpg (138.15 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
arnoldf

Unread post by arnoldf »

I repaired mine and Aleksandar's ECU.
Mine is working perfectly after repair!

Aleksandar said he feel improvement also...
Arnold - Lancia Thesis 3.0 Emblema - Alfa Romeo Spider 2.0TS
http://www.loudlink.eu - Cd changer replacement solid state car MP3 players for Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati, Porsche
pigalle

Unread post by pigalle »

hej..hej...
imam isti problem, ali nisam skužio u forumu kako su momci to riješili...
zna?i tvrd u gradu, a na otvorenoj cesti sve mekano...?

ako može pomo?, zahvalan, pozz. Željko
pigalle

Unread post by pigalle »

isti problem, tvrd ko beton u gradu...a ne vidim nikakav mod za podešavanje...???
Libave

Unread post by Libave »

Al een paar weken dat de thesis bij oneffenheden op de weg schokt alsof ik met een tractor rijd.indicatie is skyhook problemen. Zonder werkuren kost de vervanging per wielkant rond de 550 euro. Is dat een realistische prijs ?
Isola

Unread post by Isola »

Hi,

Your messsage is couple of months old, so you probably have the Skyhook fixed already. Anyway, I think 550 euros per wheel is an absurdly high price. The sensor should be something like tens of euros and the labour cost - maybe half an hour per wheel. Are you replacing the shock absorbers completely?

There's also a possibility that the Skyhook controller has a dried out electrolytic capacitor. It causes the suspension feel too hard. Take a look here: http://www.thesis-treffen.de/index.php/ ... -reparatur

Return to “40 Thesis”