Aurelia Voltage Regulator

Appia, Aprilia, Ardea, Artena, Astura, Augusta, Belna, Aurelia, Dilambda, Lambda and earlier
brian long

Aurelia Voltage Regulator

Unread post by brian long »

I have a Marelli IR-15A-200/12 regulator (single bobbin type) on my B12. It is in excellent condition but I would like to adjust it because the charging rate is a little low according to the ammeter that I have fitted to the car. e.g with wipers and heater fan on, the generator just balances the current draw. .
Does anyone have a circuit diagram and adjustment instructions for it?
Most Aurelias seem to have had their Marelli regulators replaced with Bosch or Lucas units; anyone know what models have been used?
Thanks in anticipation.
Brian.
Niels Jonassen

Re: Aurelia Voltage Regulator

Unread post by Niels Jonassen »

In the Aurelia workshop manual issued by the Lancia Motor Club there is a page titled "Some notes on the Aurelia dynamo and voltage regulator." It says that instead of the Marelli regulator you can fit a Lucas regulator as fitted to the Mini, the Hillman Minx or the Morris Minor (RF95A or RB106A). There is some advice on how to adjust the regulator. - I have successfully fitted a Marelli regulator (DF/67) from a Fiat 600 to my B20. - According to the parts list the Aurelia is fitted with Marelli IR 15 A or IR 30 A.
Niels
brian long

Re: Aurelia Voltage Regulator

Unread post by brian long »

Nils,
Thanks for that info I will follow up on it. My local auto electrician also said that a Land Rover unit may suit .
In the meantime, I have tweaked the current adjustment by about 1/3 turn and the ammeter is now registering a positive charging rate of 2 -3 amps under load.
I have heard that these regulators are a bit fragile and, given its age, it may be opportune to change it anyway.
Thanks again.
Brian.
P.S. I enjoyed your Aurelia book.

Return to “75 Early Cars”