Where is everybody?

Appia, Aprilia, Ardea, Artena, Astura, Augusta, Belna, Aurelia, Dilambda, Lambda and earlier
Ralph deMasi

Where is everybody?

Unread post by Ralph deMasi »

So many great cars and yet this particular forum is like a Ghost Town!

A marque in peril?
Geoff

Re: Where is everybody?

Unread post by Geoff »

seems that the economy has lessened interest perhaps? Or maybe its just the end of winter, awaiting springtime?

Just got the B24 tuned up, and found some of the jets (idle in particular) were resized through wear on the cone tip... a bit more meticulous measuring, and boy, the car runs like a top. Its just amazing: Nardi, 9:1, mod. cam, and the thing purrs like an Appia sedan. Puts a big smile on your face!

Ralph - how is the restoration going? Or have you moved into Fulvias?
Geoff Goldberg

1952 B20 s.2
1957 B24 s.6
1959 Appia Berlina s.2
Ralph deMasi

Right now the Karmann Ghia is behind the house with the Fulvia and Aurelia in other locations. I'm enjoying some spring neighborhood runs in her. She needs an inner tie rod end, paint and interior.

I found an original Series1 steering wheel for the Fulvia (she previously had a boy racer wheel) so I'm restoring that and planning on laminating wood to a plastic Fulvia dashboard to match the wheel. Then I'll swap both in. She will also eventually need a real paint job.

The Aurelia is refusing to start and I'm guessing that I burned out the coil by leaving the ignition on. So sorting that is next on the agenda. The body on the B12 is close to being brought to the body shop as it's been stripped of paint however I think evil lurks under the rear valance so I will eventually bring her back to the house and slice into that section.

So in answer to your question, it's a joggling act between the mistresses.

How's work on the B20's motor going? Is the B24 a Spider or Convertible? What color?
Dave Stebbins

Unread post by Dave Stebbins »

Hi Ralph,

Is your Fulvia a berlina or coupe? I have a steering wheel for a series 1 berlina.

-Dave
Ralph deMasi

Dave,

Thanks for asking, it's a coupe and I finally found one on Ebay.

It's cleaned up nicely and eventually I will get the headlamp flashing portion working. Unfortunately that will require locating the more elusive ring and spring contact that are mounted at the end of the steering column in the engine bay.

Return to “75 Early Cars”