Three-Point Seatbelt Installation in PF Coupé

CD's with partsbook, workshop manual, original sales brochures, instruction booklet, ads.
Greg Moore

Three-Point Seatbelt Installation in PF Coupé

Unread post by Greg Moore »

I have a very nice PF Coupe that my wife won't get into until I get three-point belts installed. The car is at Mike Tillson's, a great shop in Philadelphia, where it was just serviced.

I do have a nice set of new retracting three-point belts in a matching color with chrome aircraft style buckles. I'm inclined to go ahead if this is a realistic project, as I'd enjoy the car more with my wife in the passenger seat, but I don't want to vandalize a beautiful, original car either.

The floor mounting is easy. There are already lap belts in the car. But the upper guide needs to be securely fastened to structural body work if the belts are expected to be safe. The shop has not yet pulled the rear side panels or trim to see what is underneath, and I have no drawings of the body structure for reference. Has anyone ever done this? Any advice?
Geoff Goldberg

Re: Three-Point Seatbelt Installation in PF Coupé

Unread post by Geoff Goldberg »

Years ago, my parents bought a Flaminia Super Sport new from the factory, c. 1965. It came with two point belts, but the connection for the outer belt was up high, just below the vent window, as the belt came over your shoulder, not around your waist.

Honest - factory original, at least on that car. So look for a mounting bracket up high, in the trim rail. Maybe (depending on the year of your PF) you'll get lucky!

Geoff
Steve Katzman

Re: Three-Point Seatbelt Installation in PF Coupé

Unread post by Steve Katzman »

Greg,
I'm not sure about your early PF, but my '64 2.8 has mounts, as Geoff said, under the rear vent windows. Pull off the upper side panel and you may be pleasantly suprised. I only had diagonal mounts, and had to add outer floor mounts.
Steve
Johnny 48

Re: Three-Point Seatbelt

Unread post by Johnny 48 »

smart move; did it in my Fulvia Z -a bit differently - 3 points but 4 belt harness. My wife still won't get in it.

Return to “70 Flaminia”