Lybra windshield wipers

Ilkka

Lybra windshield wipers

Unread post by Ilkka »

Hello,

Having a slight problem with wipers as they stopped working completely. Earlier, wipers occasionally didn't go down to home position when using interval/sensor. They were left to some 15 degrees or 45 degrees up, quite exactly to same positions.
Now they are completely dead. Also driving light's up-down-up check is missing and lights are thus pointing all the way down.

All fuses should be ok. There is a relay clicking when trying to operate wipers. It seems to work ok as relay clicks in correct intervals.

I got a repair manual from net (In Italy, of course.. Ricambi originali, tergicristallo.. Is it available in english?) and tried to find components.

My question is, where is the washer/wiper control box that is showed in the manual? In manual it seems to be mounted to firewall but relay clicking leads to the space behind firewall. Sound is louder outside the car than inside, so could it be near wiper motor, under that plastic lid? Just trying to minimize unnecessary work as bonnet and wipers have to be removed before that flimsy plastic can be removed.

-----

As Lybra has been never officially imported to Finland, spare parts are a bit tedious to find as no catalogue or web service won't recognize Lybra. Found a nice way to find correct compatible parts by using autoteile-shopping.de or similar service which shows components usage in other cars (fiat/alfa).
Stu Wilson

Re: Lybra windshield wipers

Unread post by Stu Wilson »

I had the same wiper problem as you. My car needed a new wiper motor. I believe the wiper control box is a part of the motor unit. The motor is connected directly to the wiper linkage under the black plastic trim below the windscreen.
Ilkka

Re: Lybra windshield wipers

Unread post by Ilkka »

Just to report what was the cause: It was the wiper motor as you suggested. After replacing it, everything works like a charm. That plastic panel beneath the wipers was quite annoying to install back to it's place. I guess in Lancia production plant they have a certain sideways-shake-shake motion to install (As they don't have hours to do this job..) it but I didn't have the guts or skills to do so. Instead, a lot of trial and error..

Problem with light adjustment was located to a broken level sensing arm at front suspension. Fixed it with a zip-tie while waiting for a sparepart to arrive from Italy.

Return to “45 Lybra”