all kappa's behaving themselves?

cris

all kappa's behaving themselves?

Unread post by cris »

kinda quiet on the forum, everyones car is on the road and doing well?
Anton

Re: all kappa's behaving themselves?

Unread post by Anton »

Hi,

I dont know for the others but mine is doing just fine....(touch the wood inside).
Only difference lost some power due to the extreme heat (43 C, Athens )...
cris

Unread post by cris »

i'm waiting on glowplugs and a roller belt to be fitted by a lancia service centre, called every day last week, with the promise someone would call back, as i want to make an appointment to have the parts fitted........
still waiting...............................
lousy service, will use local garage from now on. are all fiat/alfa/lancia centres the same?

cris.
Justin

Unread post by Justin »

Mine's fine if you take into account the big hole in the gearbox and the difficulty in finding another!!
cris

Unread post by cris »

ouch!! you drive a coupe if i remember right?
if you give me the cars details i could check the dutch\belgium sites for you, i know of a few places that only deal in lancias, could make some phone calls if you want.

cris.
Karsten

Unread post by Karsten »

About the "are all fiat/alfa/lancia centres the same"... my answer to you is part... NO WAY!

If you live in a country where Lancia have not been officially imported for a while, then you can't really be certain that the "Fiat-mechanic" is qualified to repair a Kappa.
I am NOT trying to degrade either Fiat or any mechanic with Fiat-experience. Surely most spareparts are the same and the 20V is used in the toprange Marea and so on, but I wouldn't want to trust my car with a mechanic if I wasn't more than sure he/she had been working with Kappas before... At least not for major repairs...

Doesn't matter if the dealership got a Lancia logo sign out by the road or not... if they haven't had a Kappa in their garage for a decade then I'd say just drive straight past them ;-)
Karsten

Unread post by Karsten »

The "PART" word at the end of first sentence... just forget about it.
I was writing something else then deleted it and the weird error sneaked in :-D

By the way the 20VT parked out in the garage seems to be working just fine these days... doesn't matter if its just whistling down the street or hammering down the ramp to the highway. When especially 3rd gear is allowed to push past 100 km/h then it can still play along with all those 200+/-bhp hot hatches to name a few...
About the "whistling"... to those of you who haven't really heard a 20VT driving past at slow speed (or sitting inside with a window down driving past a building or something else that casts the sound back), try to experience it soon! At around 1500revs then that big garret turbo charger just spins up a tiny bit and makes a sweet whistle that combined with the engine produces a "never can get tired of it" sound. I don't mean when the turbo "kicks in" because that doesn't happen until about 2750 revs or so, I am just talking about smooth cruising...
For that kind of money I doubt it can get any better :-D
cris

Unread post by cris »

hi karsten,
i drive a td, its got the whistle to at around 2k rpm, lovely noise, turbo seems louder than most td's on the market!

the service centre thing that annoys me most is, i only took the car there to hook onto the computer to find out what the check light was for, so i decided to let them order all the parts and a few other things i needed for the car. normally i would do it myself or go to an independant. i've now been waiting 2 months since the parts were ordered.
i am trying go give this garage half a days work, or more, and the profit they make off the parts. maybe they dont want my money!! i just think its f##king nuts that my girlfriend has to phone everyday, get passed around a switchboard to be told "someone will phone you back". and it never happens......... this from a lancia service centre.
day off today, so gonna go round and sort it out face to face, or i go somewhere else.
sorry for the moan!! :-)
cris
Karsten

Unread post by Karsten »

Hey Cris

I see your point.... pretty sad that you have to wait for so long.

Rumors are saying that in 2008 (when the Delta is introduced) then Lancia might be back in business here in Denmark - meaning officially sold here again. But that doesn't mean that I am gonna be driving the Lancia into any Fiat/Alfa garage just because they all get the Lancia sign out by the side of the road.

Our car has always been serviced at an Alfa/Lancia dealership (now only Alfa) both before and after we bought it. They are very wellknown for shipping home both new and 2nd hand Lancia's from Germany and Italy, so they have a lot of experience with Lancia. I belive that they have sold about 6 Thesis here in Denmark but I am sure its a difficult car to sell here.
The Kappa and the Alfa 166 shares a whole lot of parts so that really helps speeding things up when they got almost all parts in stock. Last fall the A/C pump was creating a horrible squeeling sound when engine was idling because the main bearing had gone bust. The garage found a refurbished A/C pump somewhere in Italy and it works perfectly for half the price of a new one :-D
"Of course" they have made mistakes in between, but they have always been quite nice to quickly get it right.
Anton

Unread post by Anton »

Hi Karsten,

I know exactly what you mean wih noise of the turbo..even with the 16v, that I ve got...noise is absolutely amazing specially when you are changing gears in hi revs...awsome...

Return to “47 Kappa”