the airbag lamp problem

shimon k

the airbag lamp problem

Unread post by shimon k »

hay all speciel driver//// i am from israel / i have kappa 1996 2.0 automatic car 4 doors/
my airbag lamp light always/
anyone know about this problem with the air bag
lamp?
or where the sensor seat
in the front tambon?
near the alternator?
Gus

Re: the airbag lamp problem

Unread post by Gus »

Hi Shimon,

I had this problem when I bought my Kappa Coupe. I took it to a garage where they recognised the issue having seen it in Alfas (very few Ks in UK). I think they fiddled about with the connections under the seats and put new covers around these. The light went out - but has since come on again since someone repositioned the seat!

I hope this helps

Gus
Karsten

Unread post by Karsten »

Your 1996 Kappa is now more than 10 years old. The chance of the airbag still working is getting closer to 0% every year, and perhaps the problem is the airbag, and not connections...
A new airbag is an expensive thing, but you might regret if it doesn't pop out, if some some blistering $&#§*€§# driver hits your car in traffic...
justin

Unread post by justin »

Hi
My driver airbag light was on after I removed/replaced the steering wheel.
It just needs re-setting with a diagnostics machine.
5 minute job at a Lancia/Fiat/Alfa garage.
Alledgedly, it won't work while the light is on, but I can't confirm this - anyone?
Regds,
Jus
trulikas

Unread post by trulikas »

Hi, i have lancia kappa 98' 2.4JTD and i have the same problem with air bag lamp. This is an electric error. when i tried to change one lamp on front panel, i forgot to disconnect the battery. after that i have this problem :(

Return to “47 Kappa”