Engine belt 3.0V6 & kappa coupe suspension

bob solbrig

Engine belt 3.0V6 & kappa coupe suspension

Unread post by bob solbrig »

Hello, there has been some discussion about the belts of the 5 cilindres engines, but how about the V6?
Is it save to follow factory indications?

I have read that at the front end the stub axle of the Kappa wears out quite quickly, is this true.
I had to replace them ones they were causing a distinctive noise of grinding teeth.
At the back end the suspension can get a bit noisy on rough roads such as cobble stones is this due to wear of the suspension bushings? Are there aftermarket bushings which wear out less quickly.
Lindsay

Re: Engine belt 3.0V6 & kappa coupe suspension

Unread post by Lindsay »

Sadly, dont know much about the V6, even though i had a saloon. If anyone can enlighten us, it would be useful.
justin

Re: Engine belt 3.0V6 & kappa coupe suspension

Unread post by justin »

I made an enquiry at a friend's garage recently (Keith @ Auto Integrale), looking for after-market suspension bushes, and even though he prepares a full-race Kappa (Trevor Nicosia's), he still uses Fiat-sourced original parts.
I expect someone in Germany has developed something for the upgrader, but I haven't found anything to date.
Adam Jefferson's car had a 'factory upgrade', but his brother, Andreas, didn't rate it.
I know no more.
Regds,
Jus

Return to “47 Kappa”