Kappa 20vt Coupe calipers

lindsay

Kappa 20vt Coupe calipers

Unread post by lindsay »

Does anyone know if the rear calipers on the K are interchangeable with any other Fiat/Alfa/Lancia?

I know the Fiat Coupe turbo rear discs are the same as a Punto's front ones.....

thanks
Lindsay
Karsten

Re: Kappa 20vt Coupe calipers

Unread post by Karsten »

Hello Lindsay

Funny detail about the Fiat Coupe Turbo and Punto...
As I mentioned in a earlier string the Alfa 166 and Kappa shares most if not all components of the undercarriage (I looked this word up in a Danish-English dictionary and I am unsure if its the right one?). So Alfa 166 rear caliper should fit nicely on a Kappa?

Fiat Coupe Turbo (at least the limited edition) has Brembo brakes in front... are these the same as Kappa 20V Turbo (and 98'update V6)?

Does price vary if you visit a Fiat/Alfa/Lancia dealership to buy front discs for Punto instead of rear discs for Fiat Coupe Turbo?
lindsay

Unread post by lindsay »

Hi Karsten. You could be right about the 166. Be good if a Punto one did as it will be much cheaper!

I think the Brembos are the same as the Fiat Coupe.

Not sure, but the discs were only 20euros each for the Fiat Coupe..... bet the Kappa ones are more like 120!
Justin

Unread post by Justin »

I think you may run into trouble fitting 4-stud Fiat Coupe/Punto discs on the 5-stud hubs of the K !
There are adverts on ebay for Kappa/166 discs - these have just finished but it's a dealer and the price didn't look too bad --
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Jus
lindsay

Unread post by lindsay »

It was only an example! Anyway, take a drill to them and sure they will fit!!!
Antoniu Timofte

Unread post by Antoniu Timofte »

. I replaces my rear discs few months ago at an reasonable price 40Euro/pcs.If you are interested please let me know to inform you about the dealer.The quality is OK. For the calipers y do replaced at another dealer all mechanism inside looking brand new.The price for both calipers repairs cost me 200 Euro.
Toni

Return to “47 Kappa”