Y10 / 4WD

Chris Moorey

Y10 / 4WD

Unread post by Chris Moorey »

I understand that a 4WD version of the Y10 was produced by Innocenti - can anyone tell me more about these cars / how many made / any for sale / true or false ?
Hamish

Re: Y10 / 4WD

Unread post by Hamish »

Chris,
Yes, a 4WD Y10 was built. I'm not too sure about numbers but I recently saw a LHD example in the UK. Imagine for a second.... minature Integrale if you popped at turbo engine in! Now there's an idea...
I did see a Y10 4wd for sale in the UK but can't remember where. sorry!
Martin

Unread post by Martin »

Chris/Hamish,

Take a look at this website: http://www.nyssa.ltd.uk/Y10/ this should answer your questions.

Trevor is mad about Y10's, he currently races a Y10 and is just finishing the final touches to his YINTEGRALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Martin
Brian Hilton

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

Trevor had this at the Auto Italia day at Stanford Hall UK last sunday 26th of May, it is fantastic, Itook quite a few photos but haven't downloaded them yet, if your interested email me at bhiltonlancia@aol.com and as soon as I have downloaded I will forward pictures.

Must have cost Trevor an arm & A leg!!1

Regarding Y10 4 x 4, it was very similar to Panda 4 x 4 but was operated by a vacuum system. it used the Fiat live rear axle as the 4wd couldn't be fitted to the Omega axle. it was a 1100cc SPI uprated to 50 BHP, somewhere I have a schematic of this but can't lay my hands on it at present but I will keep looking!

In Brian Long's Book "Lancia Alpha to Zeta & Beyond" (excellent Book) he quotes manufactured 1998-1992 Qty Made 7,748.

Brian
Kim Thomas

Unread post by Kim Thomas »

Hi Chris

Trevor Nicosia had one up at his place last time I was there, if your interested trevor will nomially be persuaded to part with most things. You can get hold of him through his web site www.nyssa.ltd.uk

Return to “49 Ypsilon, Y10”