Advances and setbacks

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation New: electronic distributor
LanciaFin

Advances and setbacks

Unread post by LanciaFin »

Tried to install starter to my Flavia engine. No way it would go.

Little background: My Flavia came in pieces, and missing parts, and flywheel was one of them. Received a new one a few years ago. It's now installed.

Yup, I have a 819.202/302 flywheel on my 819.300 engine (more than 121 teeth - stopped counting after that.) The input shaft bearing is 819.300 type, even though it should not exist on .302 flywheel, but there it is (it came attached on the flywheel.)

Probably no-one has experience of similar situation, so no-one can tell if everything would work fine if I just get a .202/302 starter. So, it's about a time to start looking for another flywheel.:X
lucasgeheniau

Re: Advances and setbacks

Unread post by lucasgeheniau »

Flywheel is so heavy. :(
LanciaFin

Definately it is. Found one from South Africa, decided to take ground mail instead of air mail (about 160€ difference.) :)-D
lucasgeheniau

Unread post by lucasgeheniau »

From Knegsel would be cheaper..... I must have two.
LanciaFin

You would have these? Damn, just got the message that the parcel was taken to the South African post. For the flywheel, clutch plate and radiator hoses, 128€ for transport. Well, if it is available, then it can be considered cheap...

Knegsel would have also been markedly faster. Last time I purchased parts from South Africa, the parcel was on its way for almost 4 months.
gcarenini

Unread post by gcarenini »

Hi,
Next time why not start searching for these parts in Italy? (:P)

Regards

Giovanni
LanciaFin

Well, I have been buying parts through Ebay, Subito, Autobelle and of course viva-lancia :)-D , but didn't find all the needed parts that way yet. Of course there is probably plenty of italian marketplaces I don't know.

But, while we are at it, I'm still looking for the following parts:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5 ... hoto%2cjpg
- Nr 7, pipe to water pump (from heater and intake manifold, Flavia 819-820-part)
- Nr 18, bracket for electro-mechanical fan (819-820-part)
- No number, the bracket for lower coolant hose

Return to “68 Flavia, Lancia 2000”