Flaminia GT Touring discovered after nearly 40 years

CD's with partsbook, workshop manual, original sales brochures, instruction booklet, ads.
sportster

Flaminia GT Touring discovered after nearly 40 years

Unread post by sportster »

Recently discovered in an underground car park in central London.
The original owner died some 15 years ago and the car has been disposed of by his son ( described as an old car !!!!!)
I bought it through an online auction after it had been listed for less than an hour. Why someone had not bought it before me I can only guess!!! Needless to say that it has taken some work to get it in a position where it will be possible to exhume it from its tomb of nearly 40 years.
I already own a Flavia 1500 coupe and a 2000 coupe together with a Fulvia coupe which is currently for sale.
The Flaminia is going to be a massive undertaking due to its coachbuilt structure and availabilty of parts so I will have to carefully consider if my restoration skills and pockets are capable!!!! It looks to be complete with minor body damaged to the roof and right side front wing where water had slowly dripped on it.
I will be bringing back to my workshop next week to evaluate what work needs to be done though a full restoration must be almost inevitable. I will update this posting when I have made more progress. Feel free to contact me with an advice and links to any completed restorations and best places for parts,

Regards,

Peter

Follow link below for recent photos

http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/Nutso ... %20Touring
FL30

Re: Flaminia GT Touring discovered after nearly 40 years

Unread post by FL30 »

Peter,

congrates to that find. It will be a long way to bring this car back to life. If you like just have a look here http://www.lanciaclubdeutschland.de/flaminia.html. The website is in German, but you will find many photos about my restoration projects and about technical issues.

Please keep us up to date, I am eagerly waiting for some daylight pictures and if possible please show the engine number.

Hubert
Hubert
lucasgeheniau

Unread post by lucasgeheniau »

Hi Peter,

As support for your restauration project and support for the viva-lancia website, you will find cd's with various Flaminia documentation on the home page of this site.
Partsbook, repair manuals , user manuals etc.

Cheers and success

Lucas
sportster

Today was the cars first venture into full daylight for a long long time.B)
Surprisingly, the front brakes were not seized and the rears gave up their hold after a short tow.
The car will now be assessed to see what work needs to be done, with the mechanicals being attended to first as this is potentially easier and probably quicker with the aim of making it drivable but without reconditioning to an 'AS NEW' state.

Obviously, drivable doesn't equate to roadworthy but as the bodywork WILL take considerably more time, I will at least be rewarded with some tangible progress rather than having to wait years before I get any enjoyment, even if it is only being able to sit in the drivers seat going BROOM BROOM>:D:D:D<

Thank you Hubert for the link, I've already seen your site and gone through it thoroughly!!!! I have not checked the engine number yet but will let you know shortly.

Thank you Lucas for pointing me towards the CD's. I received mine today (:P)

I will update as and when I can.

Any links to Flaminia restorations more than welcome;)
sportster

Re: Flaminia GT Touring discovered engine number

Just a quick update as far as the engine is concerned.

Webers&gt;:D:D:D&lt;

Huib
Site Admin

Unread post by Huib »

Just had a look at the pictures. Quite a job you have on your hands but worth every penny
Bert Ewalds

Unread post by Bert Ewalds »

The Motor type 823.10 was fitted to the Original Flaminia 3C versions, still the 2.5 litres engine
Your pics indeed show the 3 carbs.
Your car type identification should read 824.10 for left hand drive and 824.11 for right hand drive
If your car is right hand drive it is very rare, only 10 ever produced!

Lots of success in restoring

Bert

Return to “70 Flaminia”