Lancia Thesis but when???

Antony

Re: Lancia Thesis but when???

Unread post by Antony »

(GREECE FOREVER!!!!!!!)First of all what about reliability?sure the improvements that lancia has done are very noticeable but all this electronical systems?will they continue to work?staff like ASR,EBD,MSR......and much others are very fragile aren t they?For most people in greece(as u know)having a BMW or a Mercedes means that u are someone special.On the other hand having a lancia means nothing!For some people who know,lancia is an old brand that still produces some cars or something like that...As soon as Kappa wasn t sold as much as expected nobody knows it or better her because she is so beautiful!Ôåóðá....óïõ åõ÷ïìáé êáëç ÷ñïíéá ìå õãåéá áãáðç êáé åõôõ÷éá...
Enrico

Unread post by Enrico »

Lancia had delayed Thesis launch for 12 months and the same had done VW with Phaeton for six month,to solve all possible problem with systems like FLORENCE,automatic electric handbrake,the top end connect,radar cruise control,and the new versions of skyhook,the construstor that has serious reliability problems in electrical systems strange but true is BMW with the new 7er,i think that they launch it before resolve all possible reliability problems .You live in Greece and doesn't hear of the 320d/520d engine problems and the "scandal" in Germany with the turbine of the 1.4TDi engine of Polo,Lupo and A2.At the end don't trust the TUV reliabilty tests if you want to be informed the best are made by the british insurance union and don't forget that all the constructors in europe German,Italian,French.etc have the same suppliers............Bosch,Marelli,Valeo,Siemens,Delphi,Hella,Carello,SKF.etc.......
Antony

Unread post by Antony »

It s true that we do not have any petrol engines here....but although some technical problems of the 7 series BMW.I am sure that Lancia will find its destination in the future and i hope the some for the gruppo fiat
Åññßêïò ÔõðÜëäïò Lorraine

Unread post by Åññßêïò ÔõðÜëäïò Lorraine »

TõðÜëäïò åßíáé ôï åðþíõìï áðï ôçí ðëåýñá ôçò ìçôÝñáò ìïõ.eriklorraine@netscape.net
Tåëåéþíïõí áýñéï ïé äéáêïðÝò ìïõ êáé ãõñßæù óôç Æõñß÷ç.
The K was your first Lancia or you had owned other Lancias or italian cars,i own an Audi S3 for everyday driving,but soon i will change it with a 147GTA that i had ordered last month,and a 360SpiderF1,my father has a collection of old cars with some rare samples of old Lancias.
Óßãïõñá èá Ýñèù ôï ðÜó÷á óôçí ÅëëÜäá,óêïðåýù íá öÝñù ôçí 360,åáí èåò íá ôçí äåéò êáé íá ôçí ïäçãåßóåéò óôåßëå ìïõ ìÞíõìá ãéá íá ôï êáíïíßóïõìå.
Socrates

Unread post by Socrates »

Good luck thesis.
Zhio

Unread post by Zhio »

Hello, and first of all introducing myself, I`ve come from Spanish forum. Sorry if my English don´t reach the level expected for the forum. I use to drive a Lancia Kappa 2.4 TD, but soon we are going to recieve a new Thesis JTD Multijet 175hp Comfortronic, with Emblema equipment.

I aggre with Antony in most of he has said, I consider Thesis one of the better finished cars of its segment. Its interior is simply perfect, the equipment is fantastic, and it`s extremely beautiful.

Finishing, I have to say that Lancia is goingo to be reintroduced in GB, Japan and Australia at 2006, with a complete range of left-hand driven cars.
dipa

Unread post by dipa »

hi zhio,I am dipa and I am italian!I WANT KNOW WHEN LANCIA TO BE IN JAPAN,GB,ECC AND WHIT THESIS ,LIBRA, YPSLON??OR WHIT ANOTHER CARS?
THANKS!
Zhio

Unread post by Zhio »

The same cars, but with displaced steering wheel. I don´t believe in Lybra for example. But Medea, Thesis or future models... I,ve read last week but I don`t remember where.

If I find it another time I`ll post it here.
Zhio

Unread post by Zhio »

Dipa, copying&pasting:

Hi,
The new Delta Integrale will be launched for the 100Th Anniversary of Lancia (with the new Stratos).

Engine :

5 cylinders Turbo 20 V with the exclusive and revolutionnary technique "VVA" (Variable Valve Actuation).
It is the same engine than the Fiat Coupe Turbo but deeply updated :

300 cv
370-400 Nm

Aluminium/composite body
Five doors.

Length : 4.30 m

Integrale Transmission with 3 differentials : 57% rear wheels, 43% front wheels. Electronically controlled.

The range of the Delta will be the most exclusive of its segment ( Audi A3, Alfa 147 and so on......).
The engines range will be narrow : only the most powerful engines of the segment.

All the new Deltas will be fitted with the Integrale Transmission.

Sales forecast (Business Unit Lancia) :
Delta 40.000 (segmento C ) 2006

Engines available for the whole Delta range ( HF included, except diesel versions) :

As said above, the engine (HF Integrale) is an updated version of the Fiat Coupé Turbo 20V.
This engine is equipped with the "VVA" technology which complies with the Euro 4 level.

This engine will be available in 3 versions :

2.0t "VVA"(light version) 205cv /350nm
2.0t "VVA" 240cv / 355nm
2.0t "VVA" 300cv / 370-400nm (for the Delta HF Integrale)

The new Delta HF Integrale will be a limited edition.

Delta HF Integrale price : approximately 46 000 € (32 638 UK pounds)

It is under consideration that Lancia might return to the WRC (not before 2006/2007) with the Delta HF Integrale.
But, this decision depends on sales figures of the new Ypsilon and the upcoming Nea (MPV).

But, great news for our English friends, Lancia will return to RHD markets (UK, Japan, Australia, Nea Zealand) in 2006.

Lancia has been completely revamping its dealers network for 1 year (first in Italy/Germany, then France etc...).

NOTICE that all the upcoming Lancias ( debut with the new Ypsilon)will have a 5 years guarantee (or 3 years maintenance included, depending on customers choice)

Regards,

Volumex

PS : special thanks to my friend who works at the Centro Ricerche Fiat (Torino) and gave me these news.

It´s the same text I had read some time ago.
Philip

Unread post by Philip »

thanks Enrico!
the issue is, how will the world be convinved that Italian cars may be reliable so that they can trust to buys them

I am another Greek by the way...in Geneva...

My Lybra 2.0 station wagon, after nearly 60000kms is totally reliable and nothing electrical or any other mechanical thing has gone wrong; I think it looks much better than an A4 or 3series and is much much cheaper considering the equipment...

The Thesis is not selling as well, but now there is talk of a V8 version! That should get some attention!

The Germans love to make Italian cars seem inferior to their products but it seems that thier whole industry, whether manufacturing, press or whichever part of their system is built around expressing the image of superior products...my colleagues A4 has been immobilised twice, once with a broke gearbox and another time by locking him out of the car...a brand new Passat of a freind, Automatic, needed a new gearbox after barely 10000kms; in my family we've been driving Italian cars since 1954 without ever having anything major go wrong...

your insights are realy fascinating,
thanks, Philip

Return to “40 Thesis”