13 inch rims on Beta

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
Thomas

13 inch rims on Beta

Unread post by Thomas »

Hello,

Does anyone of you have experience with fitting 13 inch wheels on a beta (HPE), whether this is possible with no (brake) parts rubbing against the rims, or if this calls for some adaptation?
Furthermore, the few pictures I have of Beta's rallying in the 1970s shows they are fitted with S1 Fulvia rims (usually campagnolo or cromodora). As a matter of interest, does anyone know how the shift from 98 mm nut-spacing (standard Beta hub) to 130 mm (Fulvia spacing) was achieved?

Thanks!
Randy Adams

Re: 13 inch rims on Beta

Unread post by Randy Adams »

Why 13 inch wheels? Series 1 Fulvia wheels are 14 inch as are Flavia/2000 rims. Those are probably what you see in the pictures.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

The standard S1 rims are 14 inch indeed, but the alloys I was referring to are definetely 13 inch on S1 (14 inch later on on S2/3).
william vd Sman

Unread post by william vd Sman »

Thomas is right in his remark referring to the rimsize used on ralley Betas. They used Campagnolo 13"x8J stellar rims or the magnesium 13"x6j. I never had a look at a real rally Beta but if I see the size of the plastic wheelarch flares the wheels must be sticking out of the standard body quite a bit! On some pictures I've seen over three inches. The ET of stock Beta wheels must be something like 35mm. For Fulvia alloy rims it is about 25mm. To get the weels sticking 3 inches out from 1 inch in (stock) the spacers used must be about 9cm (10cm(4")-1cm(35ET-25ET)) minus the added rimwidth which in this case is 2.5" (8J)(5.5J is stock Beta) so gives 4cm. With this thickness the spacers can be made to adapt from 98mm (fiat) to 130(lancia). Kijk voor een modern voorbeeld van zo'n adapter op:
http://www.evolutionsports.com/productD ... uctID=1636
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

Thanks William, that would indeed have been an option. If I ever get to see a Rally Beta I'll check of course.

Return to “61 Beta, Beta spider, Beta Zagato, Trevi”