lancia beta gearbox separtion

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
keegan

lancia beta gearbox separtion

Unread post by keegan »

hello all, i am in the middle of making 2 lancia beta's into 1. I have taken the subframe out of the car and have taken the engine of the mounts so i can repaint and rubush the subframe. Right now i am trying to separate the gearbox from the engine so i can move them around a bit easier. The manual says all i had to do was undo the main bolts around the housing and the nut near the drive shaft at the rear. I have got the two to separate about 5cm but beyond that is proving very diffucult. Is there anything i am missing or should look out for ? thank you
william vd Sman

Re: lancia beta gearbox separtion

Unread post by william vd Sman »

You've probably forgotten to remove the moonshaped sheetmetal cover covering the flywheel. Undoing two or three M6 size screws should do it.
keegan

Unread post by keegan »

thanks heaps william, i missed those tiny little screws, the two are now apart

i am now planning to give both the gearbox and engine a very thourough clean. Clean and repaint some engine pulleys, replace the timing belt and retourque as many bolts as i can

while the engine and gearbox are out could you suggest any other maintenance/problem area's i should look at ? thanks :)
william vd Sman

Unread post by william vd Sman »

Change the clutch and bearing.
Change camshaft oilseals and distribution belt.
Modify sump following guy crofts instructions (www.guy-croft.com). also some other mods can be incoorperated.
Good luck!
Randy Adams

Unread post by Randy Adams »

Renew the shift linkage bushings if they haven't already been upgraded.
Angle grinder

Unread post by Angle grinder »

Check on the condition of the short rubber pipe between the crankcase and the oil separator for the crankcase breather pipes.
keegan

Unread post by keegan »

thanks for the advice William, Randy and Mr. Grinder :)

i just sanblasted the water rails and found some pinhole leaks, what a slut :(

Return to “61 Beta, Beta spider, Beta Zagato, Trevi”