All aluminum fulvia zagato sport

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
rob schlaudecker

All aluminum fulvia zagato sport

Unread post by rob schlaudecker »

Hello,

I would like to acquire an all-aluminum bodied fulvia zagato sport 1.3 and I understand that some of them have all panels in aluminum and that others have a combination of both steel and aluminum. I have read that it is only the earliest models that are all alloy and that there are only about 250 of them produced. Is this true and is there away to confirm that one is all alloy by the chassis number or some other form of body idenification or tell-tale sign? This would be helpful as most cars are far from me and I need to confirm as much as possible before travelling to see a car so I don't get any surprises!

Thanks,

Rob
Randy Adams

Re: All aluminum fulvia zagato sport

Unread post by Randy Adams »

According to Wim Oude Weernink's excellent book, the first Fulvia Sport with steel bodywork is numbered 818.332.1912. Assuming this information to be correct, there will have been approximately 900 aluminum bodied cars.
lorenzo

Re: All aluminum fulvia zagato sport

Unread post by lorenzo »

About aluminum fulvia sport, the first 202 cars had 1216 cc engine(818.130), and number frame 818.132 lhd, 818.133 rhd from 1001 to 1202, after these there were 1.300 cc (818.302), and number frame 818.332 lhd, 818.333 rhd from 1203 to 1911 all aluminun body, after steel body with aluminum doors and bonnet.
in italy there is someone who sells a early 1200, the car is running, but body need a total restauration.
good luck

Return to “65 Fulvia”