PF Coupé side marker lights and outside rear view mirror

CD's with partsbook, workshop manual, original sales brochures, instruction booklet, ads.
Greg Moore

PF Coupé side marker lights and outside rear view mirror

Unread post by Greg Moore »

Does anyone know if all PF Coupés were equipped with the yellow side markers behind the front wheel wells? I see photos with and without them. Mine doesn't have them.

Also, does anyone know if the PF Coupés used the same outside rear view mirror as the Berlinas?
Randy Adams

Re: PF Coupé side marker lights and outside rear view mirror

Unread post by Randy Adams »

Greg:

I have an early U.S. market PF coupe (823.00.2060) which does NOT have those lights. For what it's worth, the parts book says that the lights should appear on cars numbering 823.00.1151 forward. I see no evidence that my car ever had the lights.

Concerning the mirror, I am totally ignorant. I'm not sure that outside mirrors were standard equipment. I have had TWO Flaminias with no outside mirrors and no evidence that one was ever installed. My 1958 berlina has no outside mirror and I used to own a 1962 Touring-bodied GT coupe which also had no outside mirror. The outside mirror on my PF is not original.
Cory Youngberg

Unread post by Cory Youngberg »

Hi Greg,

Your car is a U.S. market car and did not come with side marker lights. The side marker lights were installed on the european cars. I agree with Randy that the side mirrors were usually dealer installed. My Berlina has a talbot type mirror that looks very period. Classic & Sportcar magazine in the last year had a write up on six vintage chrome mirros being sold for 60's cars
James

Unread post by James »

I second this -- marker lights were ONLY installed on European-spec cars. If you car does not have them, it was delivered new in the United States, or elsewhere in the world.

Return to “70 Flaminia”