K screen

Justin

K screen

Unread post by Justin »

Hi all
Anyone know of a UK source for a Kappa windscreen?
I tried a couple of the usual screen-fitter types without luck.
Regards,
Justin
Simon

Re: K screen

Unread post by Simon »

Justin,

I am now awaiting my 3rd replacement windscreen for my Delta2 HPE, all be cracked by flying stones.

All have been covered by my insurance, however the 1st was with Silver shield and I had to arrange it the last 2 have been covered by Autoglass. They do not see a problem in getting them as they also have an operation abroad.

However, I would say that 1 of the companies actually listed a Kappa windscreen, I do not know if this is beacause it is the same as an Alfa?

You could always order one from a dealer, and then find a company to fit it.

Regards

Simon
England
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

I've had my k windscreen replaced in France at Carglass; expect some cursing from the workers as it is apparently a rather difficult operation (it took 2 of them 4 hours). Anyway, when you've found your provider, go for a lumpsum rather than hour-rate price.
Lindsay

Unread post by Lindsay »

Best bet is Fiat. I looked into it a while back, and the screen was going to cost around £220 for a Coupe. Get a tame fitter.. Alternatively, get your insurance company to do the work!
Justin

Unread post by Justin »

Thanks everyone - I'll get round to it probably when it cracks/smashes - at the moment it's just old and scruffy.
Lindsay - do you reckon the coupe and estate will be the same?
Regards,
Justin
lindsay

Unread post by lindsay »

Hi Justin. Yes, 99% sure they will be the same. No way they would have tooled for a different screen. In saying that, it is Lancia we are talking about!

Return to “47 Kappa”