2.0-20 and 2.0-16V difference

Alex

2.0-20 and 2.0-16V difference

Unread post by Alex »

After 2 years of driving my Kappa 2.0-16V I finally began thinking of smth. more but in the same case)))
I seriously consider buying 2.0-20V Kappa since it should be more promising in low-rev acceleration.
Still the specs are not that different in other terms....

Would anyone give a more detailed comment regarding the actual difference between these cars - in performance and other respect.
Lindsay

Re: 2.0-20 and 2.0-16V difference

Unread post by Lindsay »

Not sure about the non turbo versions, but the difference between the 20vt and 16vt engines are noticeable. In saying that, the Thema 16vt LS is quicker than the Kappa 20vt, down to the weight I think. The 16v engines are very vulnerable to proper servicing of the cambelt and tensioner bearings. Havn't heard that the 20v is so fragile. Good place to look is the Fiat Coupe forum. These guys are well up on the benefits of each engine, with a lot more input than any Lancia site I have come across.

If it is a Coupe you are looking at, I know the S2 versions have better window seals to cut down on wind noise. But overall, probably not a whole lot to choose between them.

http://www.fccuk.org/forum/ubbthreads.php
KM

Unread post by KM »

As Lindsay wrote the Thema engine is perhaps more fragile, and it is after all an older construction. And by choosing the 16vt you'd also get the Kappa version without the updates from 1998 where Lancia switched the 16vt with 20vt... (firmer suspension, brembo brakes, better looking cabin (at least I think so) and others...).
justin

Unread post by justin »

...and the 20VT sounds much better!
Alex

Unread post by Alex »

Thank you for the comments! I'm sure that I'll finally find what I'm looking for. Kappa 2.0T-20V Coupe...
What else should I want having fallen in love with turbocharged Lancia?justin wrote:
>
> ...and the 20VT sounds much better!

Return to “47 Kappa”