Y 1.2 16v

Tim Lardner

Y 1.2 16v

Unread post by Tim Lardner »

Am looking at a Y 1.2 16v to buy. It's a 99 model but I can't seem to tell whether it is the LX, LS or Elephantino Rosso or Blu version. Is there an easy way to tell - it's not on the papers and owner doesn't know. Swiss bought and registered. Thanks
Koen

Re: Y 1.2 16v

Unread post by Koen »

Tim,

In Belgium, the LX had Alcantara seats but in option you could buy leather. The Rosso had seats with Alcantara and leather (sort of "two tone"). The Elefantino Blu had no Alcantara or leather seats (not possible in option), and had a blue elephant on both sides on the door (outside). (The Rosso a red one).
The LE could not have leather nor Alcantara interior. With the LS you could get more options (sort of "mix" between LE and LX, if you wanted)
On my car (1997) is LS signed on the horizontal bar just below the knobs for the ventilation / heathing. You hardly see it, cause the light / sun / ... Maybe the others have it too marked on that place.
Of course there are many other differences between all those versions, but then you need some pages...
Can this information solve your question ?

Koen
Brian Hilton

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

Hi,
I bought an Elefantino Rosso new in 1999, you should have a red elephant badge on both door pillars, there is also a red elephant on the strip of trim below the heater controls. the trim material is cloth & Alcantara with a speedometer pattern in red & Grey or Green & Grey. you should have Gun metal coloured alloy wheels, front radiator grille(not Chrome), door mirror housings, this theme is also on other components The instrument cluster is silver? with yellow markings & lights up red..

The steering wheel should be leather with red stitching as well as the Gear Knob & the Handbrake gaiter.

It only ever came in four colours.
A solid Red
Optional Black at extra cost
A Solid Yukky Green
& Silver mettalic.
Marco Lancia

Unread post by Marco Lancia »

if it is a 12 16v be sure that don't is a elefantino blu

Return to “49 Ypsilon, Y10”