Martin O'Neill

This forum is dead - for Y10 help go www.y10turbo.co.uk

Unread post by Martin O'Neill »

viva Y-10!
Leo Capaldi

Re: This forum is dead - for Y10 help go www.y10turbo.co.uk

Unread post by Leo Capaldi »

Hello Martin,
You obviously know as much about the Lancia world and Club Communities as you know about football.

Viva-Lancia.com is the central focus for all Lancisti around the world if not the universe. The forums should be supported and contributed to in order that the facility continues for the common good. Other web sites will come and go but Viva-Lancia.com will continue as it is maintained by Lancia marque enthusiasts, not single model enthusiasts. What you can get from the VL forum is the experience and wisdom of people who have been working on Lancias for many more years than the longest surviving Y10.

Viva-Lancia.com welcomes any Lancia enthusiast's contribution and deserves your support. I don't see a calendar of events being maintained on www.y10turbo.co.uk nor information on the history of the marque or other models of Lancia, and that is without criticising Trevor's great efforts (indeed I applaud his dedication) as I am sure that as a Lancisto he will be very supportive of Viva-Lancia.com (even though there is no link to Viva-Lancia.com!)

Kind regards and best wishes for the survival of your own community - I believe that you have strong beliefs about non-official merchandise, presumably because you see that as a threat to the survival of your own club community.

Leo A Capaldi
Martin O'neill

Unread post by Martin O'neill »

Hello Leo,

No posts in months, no replies to any requests for help in recent months.......

If you don't define a dead forum by that, then what is it? In hibernation????????

I rest my case.

It seems the Lancia mainstream fraternity have abandoned the Y10.

For a forum (not run by me) that receives Y10 related posts every week, then follow my advice and look elsewhere.

Regards,

Martin
Leo Capaldi

Sorry Martin, but it is the Y10 people who have made this forum light. By choosing to remain separate the inevitable outcome will be that Y10s have little representation within the Lancia establishment.
I have just returned from "Turbo Nuts Corner" and I noted that your Fire related post was the only for several months so it looks to me that the www.y10turbo.co.uk site is virtually a club for Y10 Turbo enthusiasts and wannabees. Nothing wrong with that of course although there is no mention of the Y10's successors so it would seem to be a very closed shop and without any "career structure". Presumably the last Y10 owner has to switch the lights off. However, the Y10, subsequent Ypsilons and any Lancia up/downgrades are much loved within the Lancia Motor Club and the www.viva-lancia.com environment and you will always be welcome. So you can be assured that once your football club becomes successful and you move on to a Kappa (like Trevor) or Thesis you can still share your marque enthusiasm with the Lancia community.

Good luck, Leo
Martin O'Neill

Unread post by Martin O'Neill »

That's a fair point Leo,

However if your Y10 has a problem today, the best place for help is www.y10turbo.co.uk and not this forum.

This is simply because there are no Y10 enthusiasts here. And little chance of a helpful response.

And an answer of 'well you can upgrade to a Ypsilon and keep the community going' is not much use when the car on your driveway doesn't start.

Why do you keep making football references? I have no football connections whatsoever.

Regards,

Martin
Leo Capaldi

Re: This forum is dead - for Y10 help go www.viva-lancia.com

Well Martin, you are certainly keeping this forum alive now. Yes I had heard from my mate Alex McLeish that you didn't know anything about football.

I'm quitting before I get accused of brining this forum into disrepute (Sorry Huib!).

Leo

Return to “49 Ypsilon, Y10”