Y10 Turbo Tuning

Kim Thomas

Y10 Turbo Tuning

Unread post by Kim Thomas »

Hi there
I recently aquired a Y10 Turbo (Hard to come by in the UK, they rusted too quickly). And Ive noticed the cars brakes are pretty useless considering the performance. Is there an easy upgrade ( i.e. can the vented disks and calipers from a uno turbo fit). The other thing Ive noticed is that desipte checking for leaks etc. I still only get 0.5 bar boost according to the owners manual this should be nearer 0.66 bar (is this normal or do I need to fit a bleed valve or tweak the wastegate actuator). I would be gratefull if someone with more experience with these cars could help me.
Kind Regards
Kim Thomas
Trevor Nicosia

Re: Y10 Turbo Tuning

Unread post by Trevor Nicosia »

Kim

They are not THAT rare, I have 5 at the moment I think! The brakes aren't THAT bad either when they are in good nick

Simplest upgrade is Tarox slotted front discs and EBC Greenstuff pads, good enough for my race car last year - regularly braked latest on the track

After that, things get more difficult - I have heard many suggestions like fitting Uno Turbo brakes, Delta HF, even Thema turbo (!) but have never seen any of these actually done

If you want REAL brakes, check out my site in a couple of days time (only took the pictures tonight) of my race Y10 Turbo's new brake set up:

AP 4 pots on the front with 'sodding' great vented discs - think they are about 295mm diameter (and need 15" wheels), and AP 2 pots on the back with 8.9" diameter discs!

.5 bar boost is a little low, should be nearer .7. A usual failing is the elbow hose by the turbo which holds the dump valve - this have an annoying habit of splitting

The Y10 is limited to .86bar boost by a cut-off solenoid in the top of the inlet manifold - you need to disconnect this is you plan to run more boost than that (via a bleed valve) - but get the carb rejetted or you'll melt the pistons (and Y10 Turbo pistons totally impossible to find - just had a forged set made specially for me as couldn't get any anywhere)

Trevor Nicosia
LMC Y10 Advisor

Lancia Y10 Information Site http://www.nyssa.ltd.uk/Y10/

Return to “49 Ypsilon, Y10”