New Lancia Owner - few questions

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
lancie

New Lancia Owner - few questions

Unread post by lancie »

Hi there - extremely excited to be part of this elusive group! I am USA based and recently imported a 1974 1.3s.

Few questions:

1) I have a 1974 1.3s (white dials) and the tachometer is wonky; it likes to sit at 3500 when I am just cruising around and only moves if I'm idling or really stepping on the gas. Do these units typically require a rebuild? I understand that the entire cluster is just 1 unit. Is it worth trying to clean the connections?
2) What is everyone's source for replacement shiftknobs? I would like (ideally) a black / blue HF knob but would settle for a newer 1.3s "wooden" knob - also, is it normal that the entire gear lever rotates if I try to "unscrew" the knob?

Any other new-owner recommendations on servicing and routine checks (and how often I should be doing them) is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
georges2

Re: New Lancia Owner - few questions

Unread post by georges2 »

Hi Lancie, welcome here
I am in France, not an expert and owner of a Rallye S 1 (last 1970)
first of all, I suggest you buy on this site the CD of documentation, you will get plenty of documents and instructions for use, and service of your car, it is very cheap and usefull for long years
About your questions :
frequent servicing is shown on a plate inside the front boot; many other instructions in the CD and other documents; good idea to give new oil for engine and gearbox, bleed the brake system , chexk the direction and suspension
about the rev counter, I have a spare, which I think comes from a serie 2 Fulvia dashboard (cannot be used on mine, I bought this by mistake years ago...)
Se pictures, to check if it looks like yours;
Have fun with this car;
georges2
platine instrum S2.jpg
plaque capot av S1.jpg
entretien périodique Fulvia.JPG
compte-tours electron.jpg

Return to “65 Fulvia”