More electric window problems .....

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation
Chris Lopez-Smith

More electric window problems .....

Unread post by Chris Lopez-Smith »

I have (more) electric window problems. Just removed a "faulty" electric window motor/mechanism on the weekend as it would not wind window down. After fitting a replacement motor/mechanism, found that this also would not wind window down. Tested wiring inside door OK. At this point, I swapped the two electrical connecting terminals over, and hey presto (!) the motor would then wind the window DOWN ONLY but NOT UP. I then swapped the electrical connections back to the original way round, and yes, you guessed it - the motor would then only wind the window UP ONLY and not down. I obviously pressumed incorrectly in the first place,that because of the poor reputation these motors & mechanisms have,that the thing was faulty, and if I had manually moved the window downwards in the first place, the motor would have wound it back up. As both motors are now doing the same thing, the fault probably lies elsewhere (switch? relay?) - does anyone have an idea what the problem is ? The window motor on the other door is connected the same way and goes up AND down (I feel priviliged !). Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards,

C h r i s
Leo

Re: More electric window problems .....

Unread post by Leo »

Hello Chris,
Have answered this on the Montecarlo Consortium Forum. Switch fault !

Leo

Return to “59 Montecarlo, Scorpion”