The Lancia factory in Chivasso.

PG
Site Admin

The Lancia factory in Chivasso.

Unread post by PG »

Hello, i put here the same post i putted in the italian forum. I hope you enjoy it.

This is the Lancia factory in the seventies, from the south view.
Chivasso is a small town, 11.17 miles far away from Turin, sideways the A4 Turin-Milan motorway.

Ing. Pesenti opened the factory in 1962, he builded it for the Fulvia production, specifically.
The ground was 1.488.000 yd2 and 276.000 yd2 the buildings. Every parts of the cars were produced in Chivasso with the exception of engines and gears. They were produced in the factory of Verrone, near Biella. The two big white buildings in the photo are the press, the coachwork, the assembly and the paint sections. The little one is the tyres section. In the left side there is the testing section and in front of it there is the test track, 2.6 miles long. Part of the test track was in asphalt, pavement and french pavè to test cars in all driving conditions. There was a flooded part too and a climb, with a 30% gradient to test the clutch. Further on, the parking area for the new vehicles and the binaries (not in this photo). The factory was connected with the Chivasso railway station. In the right side there are all the general services: the officies, the mainteneance squads, the purify water sistem, the electrical power station and the fire extinguisher squads. 5000 people worked here, they produced from 500 to 1200 cars a day. The factory closed in 1993 and the Dedra was the last model produced.
Attachments
chivasso.jpg
chivasso.jpg (47.61 KiB) Viewed 839 times
delta95

Re: The Lancia factory in Chivasso.

Unread post by delta95 »

Please, please... I like to see more picutres from CHVIASSO... LANCIA CHIVASSO...:)-D
Geoff

Unread post by Geoff »

Great picture. Thanks! Bigger scan?
Geoff Goldberg

1952 B20 s.2
1957 B24 s.6
1959 Appia Berlina s.2
Henrik

Unread post by Henrik »

I would also like to see more.
Actually I was under the impression, that Chivasso was build for the production of Flavia's?
Henrik

1970 Flavia Coupe

Return to “01 General Lancia discussions and forum messages”