Stratos Olio Fiat

Information exchange about FIVA and other historic rallies, rally equipment, tips, navigator wanted, driver wanted etc etc
jimmystratos

Stratos Olio Fiat

Unread post by jimmystratos »

Can anyone tell me the paint codes for the blue and yellow on these cars? I am building a replica and want to get the colour right!

Many thanks,
m!

Re: Stratos Olio Fiat

Unread post by m! »

Hello there,

I might be competley wrong on this but if you do some research you might hit the nail you want.

Pre 1968 Lancia Fulvia 1.3 HF's had three stripes running along the middle of the cars (see some old rally photos). These are to repressent the colours of the Turin. The 1st 100 or so 1.6HF from 1969 and all 1.3HF's were painted in Amaranto Montebello (red). The info you want might and the HF colours of the stripes might be as follows -

Giallo Formula Lecher 8077
Azzurro Formula Lecher 8076

There were also two other Fulvia HF colours all in Formula Lecher (The paint manufacturer BTW) for later 1.6HF Fulvia's

Giallo HF FL 8072
Azzurro HF 8073

Please check this against colours for the Stratos as the may not be the same colours. It just seemed to me as if this might help you since the stratos was develpoed from the Fulvia.

PS Amaranto Montebello is STUNNING on a Fulvia HF

Hope this helps
m!
jimmystratos

Over 3 years and I get a reply - thank you!
I'll follow up these suggestions.
The yellow used on current Fiat works cars is Broom Yellow.
m!

Unread post by m! »

sorry about the delay - it seems most people on this forum apart from the people on the Fulvia forum aren't very helpful - but I seem to remember that the Startos blue being quite a light blue and yellow is well,,,yellow.

Here's a nice link for you for the HF yellow :

http://www.shannons.com.au/pages/auctio ... QYEKA955K2#

A gorgeous 1.6HF. Fulvia that was up for sale in Australia.

Also, if you Google search fulvia 1.6 HF or fanalone there is a picture os a blue Fulvia prepared for racing. Kind of sky blue - is that the colour? Anyway, it seems that blue and yellow Fulvia HF's were quite rare

Anyhow let me know how your project is going it would be nice to hear.

Lots of luck

m!
jimmystratos

Thanks for the info. The blue is wrong - it is a darker blue see http://www.stratossupersite.com/photos/ ... 500&page=1

I changed my plan, because 3 other people did the OlioFiat colour scheme. This is mine now - 1979 Monte Carlo Publimmo car, minus the orange and yellw on the wheelarch. http://www.stratossupersite.com/photos/ ... p?cat=3006

Currently being dismantled after driving over the summer to do some changes.

Chris
m!

Unread post by m! »

those are some really hunky looking Stratos's. What engine do they have in them?
jimmystratos

Mostly they're Alfa Romeo 3L V6, 12v or 24v.
m!

Unread post by m! »

could 308 engines be used if desired?
jimmystratos

Yes you can, but they tend to be expensive.

Return to “20 Historic Rallies on Lancia”