Help! Looking for 3c manifold - Race Flaminia Sport

CD's with partsbook, workshop manual, original sales brochures, instruction booklet, ads.
Corrado Bordonali

Help! Looking for 3c manifold - Race Flaminia Sport

Unread post by Corrado Bordonali »

Hello,
I'm currently restoring a Flaminia Sport 2,5. I'm preparing it to "Competizione" specifications. I've got a correct 823.00 engine, but in the years someone has fitted a 3B manifold! As I'm preparing the car for historical races, I'd like to fit the 3c manifold to use bigger Webers (40). Could you help me to find it? Thanks.

I'm also looking for the ultra-rare Campagnolo-Amadori alloy wheels (actually I would prefer to find the Tecnomagnesio replicas from the 80s), do you know where I can find them?

I've got another small problem: the front edge of the car has had a light crash. The chassis and frame is perfect, but the aluminium has lost his shape (not badly, but it needs to be adjusted). My car is a "plexi-covered" lights version, here in Sicily there are a couple of non-plexi Zagatos but it seems there are not other plexi ones to pick measures from. Do you know if and where I can find drawings of the front end of a plexi-lights car, with measurements? I just found photos (nothing special too!), but nothing else.

Thanks a lot

Corrado Bordonali
Palermo - Italy
laurent nash

Re: Help! Looking for 3c manifold - Race Flaminia Sport

Unread post by laurent nash »

Hi,
What do you want to do with your Zagato ?
Just a "look " of Zagato compétizione ?
Or "upper grade engine ? in this case you have to know that all the différent mechanic parts are very sensitive and if the engine is bigger powered, you will have to work about clutch, exhaust, radiator, shocks absorbers and so on?
If you want only make little modifications on the engine it's necessary to choose the good cranshaft and the 40 weber carburettors with hte good connection ( coming from supersport ), Iyhink it's not possible to fit over than 40, because there is not enough place for bigger admission holes on the block.
Sorry for my english , if you prefer we can discuss in french.
Can you send me your body and your engine number , may be I can find some interesting details in my old documents.
Best regards
Geoffrey Goldberg

Unread post by Geoffrey Goldberg »

What Laurent is saying is that all the pieces in Lancias were fitted together - so that when one thing was upgraded, so were lots of other things as well. So fitting a manifold from a 2.8 engine with 40 mm webers may sound like the "hot" setup, but really what you may have is a bit of an ill-fit: one part upgraded, the others not....

They tuned these cars quite carefully, with all sorts of things (cam, carb, manifold, exhaust, etc) all working together. Best is to find the correct setup for your car and restore it to that. Trying to make a "competizione" car is much more difficult in Lancias than it is with other, more interchangeable cars - like Alfas. Those cars are much more agreeable to changing this or that, without adjusting the whole car. Lanccias were more thorough in their original fitting of the upgraded pieces,a nd in general do not do well with only partial upgrades.
Huib

Unread post by Huib »

Well said, Geoff. Good words for what I also try to say most of the time.
H. D. Dambacher

Unread post by H. D. Dambacher »

Hello Corrado, if you are not talking about the ex-Nino-Violante Flaminia Zagato I also would like to know your chassis and engine nos. As I have been restoring quite a few 1st. series FlaZs in the past decade I am always happy to add another one of those rare machines to my personal register. By the way there is also an American restorer who has a couple of those cars in restoration.
From my experience I might point out that not all 1.series Zagatos were equipped with covered headlights. Some cars are known with the "flat nose" also from this first production run.
Regarding the engine discussion I also would like to point out, that prior to the 3C-series with its standard triple carb set-up there have also been some 1st. series cars with 3 double Webers right from the start. These cars have an engine code of 823.11.---- instead of the standard 1 carb 823.00.--- . I have personally examined and confirmation from Fiat/Lancia registry of 823.11. engines for the following chassis nos: 1006, 1011, 1014. If you still need to upgrade your car I can get you the original factory specs of the 3 carb version which indeed might have been destined for competition use. Best of luck, regards - Dieter
Franco Manitto

Unread post by Franco Manitto »

I recently bought a GT 3C car with the engine 823.11.
Been the above engine not very common I would like to know if mr Dambacher has some details about it. Thanks.

Return to “70 Flaminia”