Aurelia B12 Grille

Appia, Aprilia, Ardea, Artena, Astura, Augusta, Belna, Aurelia, Dilambda, Lambda and earlier
Ralph de Masi

Aurelia B12 Grille

Unread post by Ralph de Masi »

In preparing my car to be painted I'm working on getting the grille to sit correctly on the opening. Would anyone have a photo detail of this area?

Does the grille sit inside the raised portion of the body which follows the circumference of the grille? Is there a rubber channel or gasket which separates the grill from the body.

I believe the bottom protruding portion of the body may have been hit and repaired hastily. I'd like to get this right before the paint goes on.

Any help would be appreciated, besides we have to get some activity on the forum.
Brian Long

Re: Aurelia B12 Grille

Unread post by Brian Long »

Ralph,

On my car the grille sits inside the recess of the opening in the body. The depth of this is governed by the rotating anchors for the top of the grille.
The bottom of the grille has the threaded rod and wingnut which you access through the squarish opening on the underside of the scuttle.
My car doesn't have a rubber channel and I don't recall seeing one in the parts manual.

Regards,

Brian Long.
Norbert Dybus

Unread post by Norbert Dybus »

Dear Ralph,

on my car there is no rubber between grille and body.
I just had my car painted and had a small accident in this area. I used the eye beneath the grille to pull the car onto the trailer (after the paint-job) and the tension on the eye distorted the frame of the grille up to middle height. I was quite angry with myself naturally.
Better luck to you,
Norbert
Ralph de Masi

Unread post by Ralph de Masi »

I wondered about the strength of that fitting, now we know.

One of those inexplicable Italian things.

Return to “75 Early Cars”