2007 Bonhams Sale in Gstaad

Appia, Aprilia, Ardea, Artena, Astura, Augusta, Belna, Aurelia, Dilambda, Lambda and earlier
Sebastien

2007 Bonhams Sale in Gstaad

Unread post by Sebastien »

While checking the sales results (see elsewhere on this site, Lancias at auction), I was not surprised to see that the big lots (by estimated value) did not sell, except the Stratos.
Estimations have reached stratospheric levels, for cars which are not always 100%.
And on the other hand the lower priced cars sold, at sometimes half the estimation.
16'000 CHF for a clean Appia cabriolet is a nice buy today, especially if you compare it to the estimation of 32.000 / 36.000 CHF. I would say the same for the Flaminia Touring GTL that sold for 27.000 CHF, compared to its estimation of 40.000 / 50.000 CHF. It will drive almost as nicely as the Flaminia Zagato supersport (estimation 200.000 – 250.000 CHF, not sold), with the added bonus of the 2 children seats in the back.
Even the Lambda 8th series, rebodied postwar with an coupé body, could be an astute buy at 72.500 CHF for someone who likes driving his Lancias, if you compare it to the last sales in England, for Lambdas needing full restauration.
Disclaimer : I have not seen the cars at that sale, and have no knowledge about their condition. The information has been taken from the Bonhams site.

Return to “75 Early Cars”