Lybra 1.8 - 1999 - Your Opinion?

kiril

Lybra 1.8 - 1999 - Your Opinion?

Unread post by kiril »

Hello, i like this car and i want to buy it.But here in Bulgaria it is not so popular.Can u help me with some usefull info about this car ...advantages and disadvantages.Thank you!
PHILIP Djaferis

Re: Lybra 1.8 - 1999 - Your Opinion?

Unread post by PHILIP Djaferis »

its a good solid and reliable car with few weak points; I drive the 2.0 petrol from 2000 and nothing has broken or fallen off. My only criticism is that I have been changing too many light bulbs over the years which afre difficult or impossible to change oneself. Its important to have a full service history to ensure that all required maintenance was carried out e.g. timing chain replaced. The 1.8 should be cheaper to keep-up than the 2.0 and its engine has a good record. All the best!
kiril

Unread post by kiril »

thank u!
Can i ask you what are you thinking about other cars which i like ...i want to buy a car but i am confused about the right choice...I think that lancia is the best choice anyway but...
Saab 9-3 2,2 TiD 1998
Peugeot 406 2.0 1998
Volvo S40 or V40 1997
ALFA 156 1.8 1998
philip

Unread post by philip »

the Volvo is defnitely inferior, the Alfa has less room and perhaps not as well built as the Lancia and the Peugeot is bigger and its interior not as nice. I like the Lancia..
kiril

Unread post by kiril »

ty philip,
i am almost sure about my last choice...It will be lancia! more expensive but high class car
ovidiu

Unread post by ovidiu »

wich are the weak points???
nadhom

Re: ask for problem

Unread post by nadhom »

Dear Sir
I think it is the best choise here is that lancia -lebra
but Sir i have problem that the switch key for the cars because i was lost it , i can,t operate the cars since it is automtic so i need the (Bin Code) for this switch
cars models :1999-2000
the engine: No. 2000 cc
ZLA 839000*000111043
colour : siliver
thank you
nadhom

Re: ask for problem

Unread post by nadhom »

Dear Sir
I think it is the best choise here is that lancia -lebra
but Sir i have problem that the switch key for the cars because i was lost it , i can,t operate the cars since it is automtic so i need the (Bin Code) for this switch
cars models :1999-2000
the engine: No. 2000 cc
ZLA 839000*000111043
colour : siliver
thank you
thanos

Unread post by thanos »

well there are really not many weak points,
the problem is more that some little problems get you angry.
there are some sensible things inside or electronic stuff not working which is not 100%
important for driving, but its irritating.

if possible get a model from 2001 or newer, so you avoid first series
because they have:
-no update of navigation maps for older models
-electric windows system tend to break (its only a little plastic part, just for some pennies
but it causes total damage of electric window) repair set price between 35 EUR
and 160 EUR (whole system).
-station wagon sometimes has problem with incoming water at front window.
(Easy to repair but you have to find the exact position first)

Its obvious to look for a car in general good condition, with service maintenance
(check if timing belt was changed at 100.000 km according to the book or better
to be sure change at 80.000km !)

With many kilometres some rubber bushes in the front should be changed if they
make noises during driving.

Especially the 1,8 has a very common problem with a piece called "Phasensteller"
in german. I think this belongs to air intake system and if this failes you have no torque
and your engine sounds a bit like a diesel. This electronic item is quite expensive
and it is a "special" problem of 1,8 engine.

Return to “45 Lybra”