New prices in different countries

cris

New prices in different countries

Unread post by cris »

hi, just to follow on from the "all kappas behaving.............."
checked for the price of fully loaded thesis jtd sports edition in belgium is just over 58k euro, in holland over 70k euro.
cris.
Karsten

Re: New prices in different countries

Unread post by Karsten »

Since Lancia is not sold officially in Denmark these years I can give you a few dealer-prices on 2nd hand Thesis'es (different dealers):

2,4 20V Executive - 2002 - 75.000km . 43000€
2,4 20V Emblema - 2004 - 36.000km - 60.000€
3,0 V6 Executive - 2003 - 66.000km - 63.000€

I would like to scream "oh my g.." but then again I knew it all along. Danes pay "new car in Belgium money" but have to settle with one that's 3-4 years old. I doubt that I will ever buy a new car on danish numberplates with a tax system like this.
Adrian

Unread post by Adrian »

Karsten: question is, can you drive it without registering it under your own name?

Few more prices:
- Lybra 1.9jtd - 2001-2002 - 125.000-140.000 km - 8.400 - 9.000 EUR in Romania
Unfortunately, Thesis is not present in the used car market in Romania.
- Lybra 1.9jtd - 2000, 148.000 km - 5000 EUR in Czech Republic
- Lybra 1.9jtd Business - 2004, 98.000 km - 8500 EUR in Czech Republic
Karsten

Unread post by Karsten »

Drive it without registering under my own name?
To drive the Lancia (or any other car) on the road here in Denmark you need to have it insured.
It's all up to whatever deal you make with the insurance company about who can drive your car. If it's a "high risk vehicle" as all insurance companies call a 20V Turbo then the common thing would be that only you and your wife (or girlfriend or of course the other way around if the owner is a female). In this house however the insurance-deal is that both mom, dad and 2 kids (over 18 with drivinglicense) can drive both the Kappa and the still alive Kadett. The rule is that the 2 kids can't be driving on regular basis (for example to school everyday and so on). In our case it's ok if friends/family borrow the Kadett but that doesn't go for the Kappa.

I know that you probably don't think so Adrian... but man are those Lybras cheap :-D
Adrian

Unread post by Adrian »

You mean you can drive for an unlimited amount of time using someone else's registration (the small paper and the number plates from a foreign country)? That's nice...
As for the insurance, I thought the insurance has to be contracted in the country where the car is registered. Can you insure in Denmark a car with German plates?
cris

Unread post by cris »

Hi,
I drove a british registered car when i first moved to the netherlands, on dutch insurance through my bank, i could only get cover for 6 months before i had to re-register the car on dutch plates, (not worth the hassle on an older car, because you had to pay tax on the new price) and change my license. within that time, i bought a dutch car so i didnt have to bother. these rules have changed a bit now regarding importing your own car to another land.
if you buy a car or motorbike in germany , you can buy transit plates, for up to a year, you can tell these on D plates by the dates on the right hand side, in a red border. you can then drive in the eu on the insurance you pay for when you buy the plates.
i bought a motor bike and an audi coupe in this way and brought them to NL.
For an undetermined longer period i think its not legal to drive on a different combination of insurance/registration from different countries. i could be wrong, happens a lot!!
cris.
Karsten

Unread post by Karsten »

What?... I don't know what part of my text that legalized driving and insuring a car with foreign plates, but that is deffinantly not legal here in Denmark. If I import a car from germany I am pretty sure I need to take it straight to an inspectionhall where they try to value the extreme danish tax based on what similar cars in Denmark are sold for and equipment and so on.
My uncle is a Land/Range Rover man... he bought a Range Rover V8 "long edition" (from 96 i think but I am not sure?). He picked it up in Berlin for a little more than 8.000€. After a short visit at the danish inspectionhall it ended up with an extra 18.000€... total price was suddently close to 26.000€ on danish plates. It was difficult to compare prices because there was so few of these vehicles here in Denmark, so they also looked at airconditioning, air-suspension and last but not lest that big thirsty V8. Suddently they had to sell their old Toyota even though they wanted to keep them both.
So as long as these taxes keep living I will think twice before importing a car that could seem like a bargain.
Peter

Unread post by Peter »

Yes It’s illegal in Hungary too.
After that where is the United Europe?
Nowhere, maybe in the so far future.
Adrian

Unread post by Adrian »

Peter: the EU is everywhere. So are the money-thirsty local governments. :)
I just with to get some form of permanent/long-term residence in a country with decent car prices, then buy and register my car there and drive it anywhere.
Karsten

Unread post by Karsten »

Denmark has a quite strict policy about additives in food. All sorts of different laws and rules about how many % of this and that there is allowed. But most other EU countries have a higher allowance % than Denmark so EU squeezes in a few ajustments and boom... Danish products slowly become a little less healthy all the time because all companies in EU has to be equally competitive.
Of some weird reason it is very hard for EU to interfere with the insane Danish taxes on cars. EU have tried but obviously not hard enough... how about if they focused on something that would make Danish people feel better instead of just slowly ruining our food? If the high taxes was gone I would be able to get a better car for the same money. All Danes would!... Sometimes I just hate EU *haha*

Return to “47 Kappa”