Kappa Coupe Handling

lindsay

Kappa Coupe Handling

Unread post by lindsay »

Does anyone know if there is an uprated springs and damper kit available for the Kappa Coupe? There are some sachs dampers from a supplier in Germany on ebay, but not sure if these would do the job.

Hints welcomed!
Karsten

Re: Kappa Coupe Handling

Unread post by Karsten »

Does Kappa and KappaCoupe share the same dampers and springs?
If yes... then you could perhaps look for alternativ springs designed for Alfa 166.
Kappa and 166 shares most (if not all) components of the undercarriage so my guess is that dampers and springs are alike.
Justin

Unread post by Justin »

Apparently Adam Jefferson's Coupe was fitted with a factory uprated set of springs/dampers, but I never found out if these are still available (Ha Ha!).
Trevor Nicosia might know - he can be reached through the FCCUK Forum- he races a highly-modified Kappa.
All I know for sure is the SW has different rear springs and dampers from the other versions.
Jus
Gus

Unread post by Gus »

Just had a look on the net as I'd seen Eibach springs available before - check this link:
http://www.eibachshop.com/product_info. ... cts_id/376.
Gus
lindsay

Unread post by lindsay »

Cheers Gus. Any disasters with yours yet? Mine failed the MOT today. Guess what - handbrake! Must be some Thema genes in there somewhere....
lindsay

Unread post by lindsay »

Do you have to change the dampers when putting these springs on?
Justin

Unread post by Justin »

Hi Lindsay
Where is the MOT station that is prepared to overlook headlight alignment etc? Or does yours wear something on the glass? And kmh to mph conversion?
I need to start thinking about these things for when I eventually register mine and start using it.
Regds,
Justin
Karsten

Unread post by Karsten »

Yeah handbrake isn't all good I read somewhere. Had it replaced this summer (car is from 1999), so now it works great again.
lindsay

Unread post by lindsay »

Hi Justin. Stick on beam deflectors are fine for the MOT. And the km/h speedo doesn't come into the MOT. Only problem is getting the car registered in the first place. You must have had yours for a while, what plates are on it?

If you can get a garage to sign an invoice saying they have corrected these things (on a permanent basis) then no worries. If you have problems, I can put you in touch with someone who has done it recently for a Kappa.

cheers
Lindsay
Justin

Unread post by Justin »

Hi Lindsay
I've still got the Swiss plates fitted, and I know that registering it after so long is going to be tricky - convincing DVLA that the car has been here but not in use etc - but it's got to be done. I did talk to a chap called Chris Palmer at the VCA (Vehicle Certification Agency), who wrote me a nice letter explaining what needs doing and the accompanying paperwork etc, but I didn't follow it up.
regards
Justin

Return to “47 Kappa”