kappa coupe 3.0 V6

marc brauner

kappa coupe 3.0 V6

Unread post by marc brauner »

hello all, i am about to buy a secondhand car. i have always been in love with the kappa coupe. but i have to be reasonable: our main familycar is an audi allroad 2.5TDI, i have an oldtimer from '66 that is almost restored(took me 4 years!) and now i need to replace my everydaycar (12 year old bmw): i found a kappa coupe 3.0 v6 in germany with 30000 km(only!!) from '98, first owner, blue with alcantara beige interior. i never drove it and will buy on trust without testing it...sounds crazy but i live in belgium and the car is a mere 6 hours driving away... big dillema. i leaned that only 9000 K coupe were sold and thus, low mileage coupe is hard to find (let alone a decent K coupe is hard to find regardless of mileage). is this car really that great? i mean, is driving a K coupe a real thrill? or am i in love with the shape and looks and might be dissapointed? additionally, i can recall my brother complaining alot about electrical problems in his delta HP (1.8 i think it was); is that a consistent drawback with lancia? in the many critics & car descriptions regarding the K coupe i found the same remark several times: something with the rear suspension gives the car a 'heavy' feeling in the back(?)...and also the powersteering is too 'easy'(?)
i know these are alot of questions at once, but i need some advise from people who own this car; one person who owns a kappa 4 doors told me i'd better "stay out of trouble and not buy a lancia at all". please help me. thank you in advance. marc brauner, 's gravenwezel (antwerp region), belgium.
Juergen

Re: kappa coupe 3.0 V6

Unread post by Juergen »

....9000 Kappa Coupes sold ?
Thought the production number was about 3600 in total ?
Has anyone the exact number ? First and second series ? (second serie - introduced 1998 ? then including navigation system as standard)
By the way the about 3600 pieces meanss that there were
less cars produced than the Fiat 130 Coupe and the Gamma Coupe. So be happy when you meet one on the
road - I always am.... JKW
Bas

Re: kappa coupe 3.0 V6

Unread post by Bas »

My father own a Lancia Kappa Coupe 3.0 V6. Before this car we had the same, but with medium transmission. Before that we had a Lancia Dedra. We had some troubles with this cars, but not mutch. Some techinical problems, but knowadays Lancia makes good cars. Tip: Test the car and drive to someone who knows alot from cars. Let him check the car. Have fun driving a lancia. It;s great

Return to “47 Kappa”