2002 Ypsilon, poor starting

Chris Cape

2002 Ypsilon, poor starting

Unread post by Chris Cape »

I have a 2002 Y 1.2 8v LS bought new last May. For the last 6 months I have had extreme difficulty starting the car at various times. My Lancia dealer does not really accept the car has a fault as needless to say it refuses to exhibit the problem when at the dealer, they have however fitted a new fuel pump last month. The car started fine or 2 weeks then refused to start for a full 2 days. Of course when the tow truck arrived it started second turn of the key. The engine turns over but does not fire and it can happen when the car is hot or cold, the weather does not affect the problem it is as bad now that temperatures here in Spain are 30C as it was in the winter at 9C. I am so dissapointed with the car that I am now considering trading it against any other make than Lancia. Does any one have any ideas or has had similar problems, my dealer( Torino Motors, Malaga, Spain) refuses to do any more (other than keep the car until it fails to start!) even though the car is still under guarentee.

Return to “49 Ypsilon, Y10”