Y10 Fire Motor Problems

Paivi

Y10 Fire Motor Problems

Unread post by Paivi »

As a woman me and my car have a slight problem of understanding each other so maybe someone else can help me. My dear Y10 has got a new symptom. The engine runs smoothly but after a while, takes about 10minutes from starting the engine, it starts to cough and ste whole engine dies. Shuts down. Before that the whole system shakes as if it has problems to get air.
After pulling to the side and letting the engine stop completely it starts again like nothings wrong.
Does this soun familiar to anyone? I would very much appriciate all the info you can provide me...The car and myself are in Finalnd so it would be good to solve this before winter. And am I really trying to break down the little car?!?!?
Keith Turner

Re: Y10 Fire Motor Problems

Unread post by Keith Turner »

Sorry you are having problems with your Y10 Fire most Y10 problems are electrical get your distributor checked problems with connector on electronic amplifier on body of distributor or sensor inside distributor. See 'poor starting Y10' iin this Forum. Problem may be fuel starving or too rich check fuel pump & carburettor or may even be blocked vent in fuel tank - makes a vacuum in the tank so that pump cannot get fuel. stopping allows air to get back into tank & car works OK for a while. then problem repeats! A few ideas to try

Regards

Keith

Return to “49 Ypsilon, Y10”