Importing my new/old Fulvia

HBG

Importing my new/old Fulvia

Unread post by HBG »

Hi folks.

It's been a long time coming (decades) but I'm on the cusp of getting a Fulvia. Thing is, it's in Italy and I want to drive it home.

I'm having trouble finding insurance that will provide cover from purchase, the drive home, at home whilst it's registered in the UK and thereafter for general use.

Does anyone have experience of this? Know any insurers?

Thanks for your help. I look forward to contributing to these fora very soon.
Joe Vaughn

Re: Importing my new/old Fulvia

Unread post by Joe Vaughn »

**Transportation Insurance**: First, you need insurance for the process of transporting your vehicle from Italy to the UK. There are insurance companies that specialize in providing coverage for this, ensuring that your vehicle is protected during transit.

2. **Temporary insurance**: When your vehicle arrives in the UK, you will need temporary insurance to drive home from the port or place of entry. You should look for insurance companies that offer temporary coverage for imported vehicles.

3. **Register your vehicle in the UK**: Once your vehicle has arrived in the UK, you need to register it and keep up to date with all legal formalities related to owning a vehicle in the country. This may involve changing license plates, technical checks, and updating registration papers.

4. **General car insurance**: Once you have registered your vehicle in the UK, you need to purchase car insurance to protect your vehicle during daily use. Look for insurance companies that offer affordable auto insurance that fits your needs.

To find the right insurance companies, you can refer to car insurance comparison websites or contact insurance companies to get specific information and quotes. In addition, you should also consult the information resources and online forums of the car enthusiast community, where there may be experiences and suggestions from people who have gone through the same process.

Wishing you success in purchasing and shipping your Fulvia back to the UK, and hope you will have a pleasant experience using it in the future!
With unwavering dedication and enthusiasm, our free spirit joined forces to create apktome - a platform that provides APK Mods for free

Return to “01 General Lancia discussions and forum messages”