Brake servo rod

CD's with documentationElectronic distributor
chowilson

Brake servo rod

Unread post by chowilson »

Hi,
I have a RHD Lancia Fulvia Series 1 Ralle S.
I've at last found some time to complete the overhaul of the car and as such my attention is turning to the last major element, the brake system.
Several years ago I had to buy a LHD brake master cylinder (still as new) together with a 10mm (approx) conversion plate. I always knew that I would require a lengthened push rod that fixes onto the brake pedal and activates the brake master cylinder.

Are lengthened rods available now and if so who may supply these please?
If not has anyone else converted the original rod and if so was it an easy task?

I'd appreciate any help please in this respect

Nick.
georges2

Re: Brake servo rod

Unread post by georges2 »

Hi Nick
I am not an expert about Fulvia nor in brake system, but I have bought on this site the CD copy of parts and repair manuals, and it is frequently a great help. I own a coupé S1 rallye S (LHD as I am in France) and I wonder if there is a different mounting of parts in RHD cars. (no conversion plate mentioned on the manuals)
Please see the copy of the parts manual. Nothing about different rod between pedal and master cylinder. I just presume that the master-cylinder is just in frond of the pedal, even in RHD cars ?
I hope you will get a solution for your ptoblem.
Best regards
Georges
Attachments
Fulvia syst commande frein.docx
(481.03 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
racing

Unread post by racing »

Hello Nick,

you can lengthen the rod by welding spots on the top end. Means to let cool down again and again
after some welding spots.
Step by step and then rework it.

Very easy and not a big item.

best regards

Andreas
lancia7550

Unread post by lancia7550 »

Hi recently got a adaptor/spacer, including longer rod to use the LHD master cylinder on RHD car as a kit from Omicron.
lancia7550

Unread post by lancia7550 »

[quote=georges2 post_id=1434522 time=1650282624 user_id=939]
Hi Nick
I am not an expert about Fulvia nor in brake system, but I have bought on this site the CD copy of parts and repair manuals, and it is frequently a great help. I own a coupé S1 rallye S (LHD as I am in France) and I wonder if there is a different mounting of parts in RHD cars. (no conversion plate mentioned on the manuals)
Please see the copy of the parts manual. Nothing about different rod between pedal and master cylinder. I just presume that the master-cylinder is just in frond of the pedal, even in RHD cars ?
I hope you will get a solution for your ptoblem.
Best regards
Georges
[/quote]

New RHD master cylinders are no longer available, while LHD ones are pretty easy to obtain.

The RHD and LHD master cylinder have the mounting holes in different places, meaning the LHD cylinder will not sit level in RHD car. The adaptor spacer corrects this, but means you need a longer push rod. Outlets are also on opposite sides, but I found it pretty easy to reroute the brake lines a little to enter on the other side.
georges2

Unread post by georges2 »

Hi Nick, thank you for explanation, now I understand the mouting; I hope you solve your problem. Best regards

Return to “65 Fulvia”