Mission impossible???

Gamma WW Registry
Frank

Mission impossible???

Unread post by Frank »

I am looking for an immaculate Gamma coupe must be in very, very good condition.
Blue or black color. Mission impossible???
jogo48

Re: Mission impossible???

Unread post by jogo48 »

check
www.gamma-coupe.de
www.gamma-coupe.de\gamma

I understand that there R many Gamma for sale in Nl.

I have 2 Coupe ; will sell either 1 but not both, - 78 S1 gold on brown velour, brown rugs or 79 silver on red-brown leather. & blue rugs (perhaps only 1 made in this combo) both are jewels; located in Germany.
no rust anywhere. both with S2 wheels & I love em both...but I can't use 2. also have other older Lancia &
have no time for them all.

0049-6227-9215 0800-1800, ask for john or email
Frank

Unread post by Frank »

Hello John,
thanks for your reaction... sorry, but i forgot something to mention...
i am looking for a 2.5 injection, S2.
I had one and sold it in 1989. A Lanciablue Gamma Coupé with electric sunroof. A very nice an good car, Dutch licenceplate KD-53-PK, does anyone know if this car still exists?
gamma as in goat

Unread post by gamma as in goat »

Hi Frank

certainly the Gamma Drivers Club - NL would know if your car is still around.

I also thought that one day I'd like to have an injected S2, but I've looked at / rode in a # of S2's at Gamma / general Lancia events & wasn't to impressed with the S2 velour looking trim as opposed to the simpler plastic S1 trim. I wasn't impressed with the very plain (ugly) standard S2 steering wheel; but I do like the leather-look of the dash-covering on the S2 more.

Also, having read a # of comments about the injection system in the Gamma Forum, I decided I was hapy to have (2) S1's with trouble-free carbs & the same power.

John
gamma as in goat

I add to my own comment - to say that I really-really-really dislike the standard S1light-metal wheels & the high-profile tires that fit these wheels. They look worse when they are partially black & / or painted the same color as the car they are on.
Thus I have S2 wheels & more modern tires on both my S1 Coupes.
In a concours I would lose points on originality ! But, I am happy !

I've noticed that most S2 Coupes have had wooden Nardi steering wheels installed; so these Coupes would also lose points ! But the owners are happy - that they no longer have to "black isn't beautiful" plain steering wheels - any longer.
Frank

Unread post by Frank »

Gamma as in a goat??? Hahaha!
Best regards,
Also Happy Jack... euh... Frank
gamma as in goat

actually the origin of the term "Gamma as in Goat" (as I know it) is a US military term.
A 6 wheel articulated all.terrain vehicle was designated as the Gamma, by its manufacturer; officially the M561 and M792 in military nomenclature. Someone somewhere must have dreamt up the descriptive term "Gamma as in Goat" which is a term that now has its honored place in US Military history.
I've heard it 100,000 times or more ( & I am not in the Army) & it seems that no one can refer to this vehicle without calling it "Gamma as in Goat".
Now, I'm sure not many US Military persons have heard of a Lancia Gamma (or even of Lancia) old or new, nor could care less about a Lancia Gamma & perhaps most don't care that Gamma is a letter is the Greek alphabet, nor that it is a meaningless word (to the general population) in sororiety / fraternity circles or even
care that an goat referred to as a gamma goat exists
But they know what a "Gamma as in Goat is ! Why, it is a M561 or / and a M792, of course.
I always though it was a humorous term, so when I bought my 1st(Lancia) Gamma & needed a Gamma name, it was the only choice.
Now that you know this, you can sleep better.
gamma as in goat

hi Frank;
I thought I might mention that 'jogo48' & 'gamma as in goat' R the same person; drive the same Gammas
Frank

Unread post by Frank »

Hahahaha..... now i will sleep much better... counting goats!
Jure

Unread post by Jure »

Frank, if you're looking for a gamma coupe S2 2.5i.e. in PERFECT condition look no further:

http://www.musafiaitalia.it/gamma.html

It's for sale. You MUST read whole webpage to get a clear picture about the car (and ignore the fact it's not the colour you're looking for).

I'd buy it without any hesitation if I had place for two coupes in my garage. I mean... just look at it! ;)

Regards,

Jure

Return to “53 Gamma”