Oil Pressure Gauge

Gamma WW Registry
Angle Grinder

Oil Pressure Gauge

Unread post by Angle Grinder »

I am currently experiencing a problem with the readings from my Oil Pressure Gauge.

When I start the car up it reads 0 pressure for about 5 mins and then it jumps to the middle of the scale and sticks there regardless of rpm until about 15 mins of driving when it then starts to respond, albeit sluggishly, rising and falling in a jerky manner with the revs.

Is the oil pressure sensor based on a mechanical system that can be serviced in anyway to smooth out the readings from the sensor. I can live with the glitch, but it does make the first 15 mins of driving quite scary.

Another question: I am currently running the car without a Thermostat so it runs at about 120F / ~ 45C when the car is on the move. I've heard that it is not unusual for Gamma owners to run their cars without a thermostat, but I am wondering if there are any long term negative effects from running the car at such a relatively low temperature. e.g. will the car run too rich on the fuel mixture!?
Paul

Re: Oil Pressure Gauge

Unread post by Paul »

The main reason of that is probably a deffective oil pressure transducer.
This one is a variable resistance vs oil pressure.
I changed my one from a part coming from a Delta HF.
About the water thermostat, I personnaly dismount the original one fitted at the entry of the water pump.
I install one in the hose between the radiator and the engine.
This one comes from a Renault Super 5 set at 83°C I drilled 2 small holes in it.
Work fine.
Having no thermostat has few consequence in summer time but would not leave it as it is in Winter or
mid season.
The engine would not be warm enough
Paul
Angle Grinder

Re: Oil Pressure Gauge

Unread post by Angle Grinder »

Using a Gamma in winter in Scotland, absolutely no chance I'll ever be doing that to the old lady!

Cheers

Return to “53 Gamma”