1997 Dedra Turbo Diesel key code

Brian Hilton

1997 Dedra Turbo Diesel key code

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

Can any one help please, A Dedra owner here in England has a 1997 turbo diesel saloon.
Problem, drove the car home, a short time later got back into the car turned the ignition key and a "Key symbol" and warning light saying "code" both lit up, while the engine will spin over the car won't fire up.
They have a red key but the 2 other keys are just plain metal? I suspect that the problem is something to do with a transponder & immobiliser. No Dedra's came into the UK after 1993/4, all were all RHD but no diesels were imported to the UK, this is obviously a later fitment of which I have no experience.

Regards
Brian Hilton
Dedra Adviser
Lancia Motor Club UK
Alan Cooper

Re: 1997 Dedra Turbo Diesel key code

Unread post by Alan Cooper »

brian i have the fiat code manual in the garage can send for cost of postage if you want it, were they using the red key? if so i think it's bad news you are absolutely not supposed to use the red key it is strictly for copying purposes only best bet find a clever locksmith who can maybe circumvent the system it will in any case be the same system as on any similar fiat of the time
Alan Cooper

Re: 1997 Dedra Turbo Diesel key code

Unread post by Alan Cooper »

oops didn't realise how old that mesage was! obviously the car has been sorted by now!

Return to “55 Dedra”