Digital Instrument panel

Maurizio

Digital Instrument panel

Unread post by Maurizio »

Hello at all

I owner by a Lancia Dedra 1.6i.e. with "Digital instrument panel".
Unfortunately, the check control is not more readable (It been repaired two times in 5 years). :-(
I know the problem is owing to the "FPC cable", need to link the LCD diplay to the electronic circuit (driver).
Well, unfortunately in 2006 Magneti Marelli has stopped the "FPC cables" production for Dedra's check control.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Also I'm looking for internal schematic about the "Digital instrument panel".
I contacted Borg Instruments AG (today "Johnson Control Inc."), about the schematic, but they can't send me it.

I'm thinking just a modify with another display LCD, but i need full schematic to the "dgt instr. panel".

Please, help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance
Maurizio (ITALY)
nasos

Re: Digital Instrument panel

Unread post by nasos »

Dear Maurizio ,
my name is nasos , i'm from Greece and i have the same problem with the check control , one day i could not read even the km . i found someone in Greece and i bought 2 instruments clusters , instead of voltmeter has oil pressure .
The one does not work the check control , the second works the km and the time , but about the message nothing. I try to make a circuit board and to replace the FPC cable , with the elastomeric . The elastomeric is a rubber so you can wire the pcb board with the LCD screen .
I did not make it , because the elastomeric needs a stable pressure between LCD and PCB .
My friend if you find something about how to repair just send me a email .

My best regards ,
Nasos

Return to “55 Dedra”