Dedra wipers

Mike Marks

Dedra wipers

Unread post by Mike Marks »

Hi there,
Just purchased a November 1997 Dedra 1.9TD S.W - love the car & I only seem to have 2 problems with it so I hope you can help!

The wipers go perfectly well on the up stroke, but if on intermittant or switched off part way through the stroke, they judder and take about 20 seconds to return to their parked position. If on non-intermittant, they go up and down perfectly.

The ECC (climate control) system works perfectly, but I cannot see the buttons in the dark!. There are little lights that do work, but they just let me know which button has been selected, I can't see the temperature control, fan control or direction buttons unless I put the interior light on. Is there one bulb for this, and if so where is it & how do I get to it.

Finally (for now!) as the car wasn't sold in the UK (Lancia pulled out of the market), where can I get an English handbook from?

Many thanks - Mike
Simon Davis

Re: Dedra wipers

Unread post by Simon Davis »

Mike,

You can order handbooks from your local dealer, the different languages have different codes. Or you could try the Thema dedra consortium, some of them read this and the Thema link, suggest you put a request there too or try www.lancia-tdc.co.uk.

Regards

Simon Davis
England
ALAN COOPER

Unread post by ALAN COOPER »

I would guess it's the control part of the wiper motor this is a separately available part assuming you have the marelli wiper motor fitted I had problems with this unit that caused the wipers to judder and also stop working on intermittent altogether after 5 minutes most times, seems to a a common fault
ALAN COOPER

part number for wiper part is, I think, 9942156 but please check it out at your local fiat dealer using your chassis number...assuming you find one willing to order lancia bits as some are too lazy to be bothered don't let them say they're not allowed to order lancia parts because they are!!
ALAN COOPER

there are three different handbook versions can't be sure which part number relates to your car but they are definitely available in english
Mikeymikemcmike

Unread post by Mikeymikemcmike »

I had this on my Dedra too. It was the copper contacts on the split ring of the motor. They become tarnished over time and so the brushes only make contact intermittently. I cleaned them up with wire wool and it fixed the problem.

Return to “55 Dedra”