Delta HPE HF Turbo Exhaust

David

Delta HPE HF Turbo Exhaust

Unread post by David »

Im looking for an exhaust made from stainless steel but cant seem to find anywhere! i tried Omicron and they have a Alu coated steel exhaust...i obviously want it to last and not be overly loud...does anyone know of anywhere or have experience with the Omicrons Supersprint exhaust???
alan cooper

Re: Delta HPE HF Turbo Exhaust

Unread post by alan cooper »

I would go for the supersprint exhaust had one on my hpe hf and it is exceptionally well made looks good and sounds wonderful It also really seems to release a bit more go and is not overly noisy downside is the exhaust note is so addictive you'll use more fuel! I also thought it had stainless components inside (but could be wrong) with mild steel casing, there are quite a few supersprint dealers in the UK and they are all able to supply this item so shop around. check the part number on the supersprint website it will make life easier when checking prices www.supersprint.it
Dave Crook

Unread post by Dave Crook »

I'd looked at the supersprint (and yes it has stainless internals) but was worried it'd be too loud as it was pretty much straight through apart from the back box...dont get me wrong i want it louder but not too intrusive!
Did yours have a twin square back box? as thats all they seem to do for the HPE..
alan cooper

yes, it burbles a bit at idle but really in my opinion it is not noisy certainly not 'max power' cruising is fine I think that you'd enjoy it and it's not a lot more expensive than the standard fiat item remember that the turbo keeps the exhaust naturally relatively quiet and you still have the catalyst
Dave crook

Unread post by Dave crook »

That sounds fine then...i may just place an order.....its just i had a Rs Turbo and loved the exhaust note and it was deep but when u drove it was still quiet...then i had a 205 gti and my god was it loud!!! it was like a rally car...although i loved it...it was far too loud to cruise with!!!!

but i want a nice exhaust not without the headache....so now u've convinced me....
nice one!!
Also as u had a HPe before.....do u know what brakes it shares and other parts....i think the discs are the same as a Coupe 16v turbo....but unsure on bearings etc... as i want to change the parts myself rather than going to Fiat or Lancia garages, but i need to know what parts to order....
dont suppose u can help???
alan cooper

I not sure that the front discs are the same as fiat coupe certainly the pads are definitely different, anyway most parts ARE shared with the fiat though the best thing to do is get hold of a copy of the Fiat eper spare parts dvd copies are easy to obtain from ebay with this you can cross reference parts. fiat dealers can supply most parts if they say they can't stand your ground (some are too plain lazy to be bothered) and insist they order them it is easier if you have the eper as you can give them the part numbers parts usually take less than a week to arrive. Of course service items like brakes and so on are usually cheaper elsewhere but savings on things like oil and air filters are small so it's better to have the pukka article.
Simon

Unread post by Simon »

David,

I have a 1997 HPE HF and had a full stainless steel system made by Blue flame exhausts in skelemsdale in lancashire approx 4 years ago from the down pipe including a new flexible connection. It cost just slightly more than the supersprint system. The built it including a little pipe at the front!! and you can have any tail pipe you like from the small to the large.

I had a 3" elbow fitted so that it is hidden from view as per the original on the series 1, the series 2 came with the twin pipes below the rear bumper.

When it was constructed they as how noisy you wish it, but I think they mean the noise in the cabin. I went from some noise so they built basically a cherry bomb behind the front seat and did away with the silencer over the rear axle.

I would suggest them to anyone, but you need to make an appointment as they only did 1 per day.

Regards

Simon Davis
England
DAve crook

Unread post by DAve crook »

I made my order for the Supersprint but they said they've stop supplying them!!! I think he said that SuperSprint stopped manufacturing them!! so im a little gutted...but i need the money anyway to sort the probs that have occured all at once on my car...C.V joint, Brakes, either the bottom end or gearbox is knackered!!! the noises is terrible at 3-4K rpm!! :((

but im still on the trail of another exhaust type! something like a CSC or maybe getting one made!!
Dave Crook

Unread post by Dave Crook »

I checked into it and found Supersprint have stopped altogether making exhausts for mine....i spent 450 pound in parts for my car....and so thought id delay the exhaust until on my way home from Tanc Barratts my exhaust decided to fall off!!! (bloody typical) so i went to Powerflow in Telford and the chap there made me up a nice new stainless exhaust..2.5" bore to a small backbox with oval tailpipe!! i love the sound! its quite deep and loud...but quite quiet inside the car which is great!
i reccommend to anyone to try one of these places out!
M666 EVO

Unread post by M666 EVO »

I have the Supersprint on my HPE and its great. Sounds good, if you drive normal then its farily quiet but cane it and its loud so depends on how you drive it. I got mine in stages, first from Whalleys then from Zagato (much better people) so Im sure they could source one. Its not cheap though... Oh and it is a single pipe with 2 oblong ports at the rear, both on the left, if that makes sense...

Also, I have uprated discs, speak to Zagato, they are the same price as normal discs and its stops VERY WELL!

Cheers

Return to “57 Delta, Prisma, Delta Integrale”