HF Turbo slow running problems

Phil Aplin

HF Turbo slow running problems

Unread post by Phil Aplin »

I recently purchased a 1989 Delta HF Turbo, all told its a great little car and has enabled me to humiliate owners of much more expensive and supposedly better performing vehicles.

The problem I have is when cold the car refusses to run properly, stalls at any given chance and when putting my foot down causes the car to "Kangaroo" and seemingly stop firing but only for a second or so. I have replaced plugs, HT leads, Rotor and distributor cap but the problem is still occurring.

Does any one have any ideas on how to solve this???

Phil Aplin
Steve Matthews

Re: HF Turbo slow running problems

Unread post by Steve Matthews »

On the top of the inlet manifold in about the middle and facing towoards the front of the car is a vaccuum pipe. Or at least there ought to be. If this pipe is frayed or split, replace it.

If this pipe is fine or replaceing it doesn't solve the problem, there is another sender further down. Its blue (I think) and is a temperature sender. This is responsible for adjusting the cars fueling during cold running. Its most probably that sender that is faulty. I'll get back to you with detailed instructions of where it is mounted and see if the club stores has a spare one for you.

Speak to you soon,

Steve Matthews
www.pentagram-motorsport.com

Return to “57 Delta, Prisma, Delta Integrale”