Oil Pressure Question Flavia CP 1800

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation New: electronic distributor
TonyC

Oil Pressure Question Flavia CP 1800

Unread post by TonyC »

Hello Fellow Lancisti,
I have noticed that on my Flavia 1800 PF Coupe, 1965 carburated that the oil pressure drops very significantly when turning. The degree of the drop in Oil pressure is propotional to how fast I take the turn and how long the turn lasts. I have noticed that it goes to the red area when in a prolonged turn.::o
I have checked the oil level and it is fine and have added a bit more oil but the problem still exists. The engine is running in perfect tune with no problems. Strong and smooth. I am bit worried about this as I just noticed it last weekend. I don't know if it was doing this prior as I just noticed.
Anyone here have any experience with this or advice.
Thanks you,
Tony
1960 Appia Series 3 Berlina
1965 Flavia PF Coupe
Tony Corbelletta
1960 Appia 3rd Series Sedan
Lt. Blue with Red Leather Interior (original colors)
lucasgeheniau

Re: Oil Pressure Question Flavia CP 1800

Unread post by lucasgeheniau »

Perhaps the separation sheet was left out in your engine, see attachment part nr 26
Attachments
@@oilseparator.jpg
@@oilseparator.jpg (167.39 KiB) Viewed 555 times
LanciaFin

Re: Oil Pressure Question Flavia CP 1800

Unread post by LanciaFin »

The most important thing is that you don't run the engine before the problem has been addressed! I'd begin with checking if the oil pump is correctly attached and no sludge is blocking the oil suction. Any air leaks will significantly reduce the oil flow, especially when the oil level runs away from near the pump, causing more air to be sucked in oil flow. Even when the oil pressure seems to be ok, there may be air bubbles running in oil, which greatly reduces the lubrication.

If you have an electric oil pressure meter, I'd check its connections. In such a case it is a good idea to check the oil pressure with a mechanical meter.

Return to “68 Flavia, Lancia 2000”