Color codes for 1970 Flavia 2000 coupe

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation New: electronic distributor
Henrik

Re: Color codes for 1970 Flavia 2000 coupe

Unread post by Henrik »

Thank you again my friends.
The paint has now been laser scanned. It is for repairs, not repaint.
Should I, sometime in the future, opt for a total repaint. It will be Blu Lancia.
That is good, because it seems a bit tricky, to determine and recreate the original colors.

Henrik
Henrik

1970 Flavia Coupe
Ed Levin

Unread post by Ed Levin »

rossocorsa Wrote:
> if it still has it's rear number plate frame
> behind the number plate is a good place to check
> first but it depends if it's been painted
> previously (and what job they did a sloppy painter
> might have just masked off the surround and not
> taken it off) paint on the inside of panels is
> not always a good guide as it is applied
> inconsistently to differing thickness

With a friend's Flavia 1.8 Coupé, he found perfect original color behind the indicator light gaskets, on the boot hinges, and a couple of other locations. Of course, the car had never been resprayed, so it was only a question of finding unfaded color. But the color in question was argento metallizzato, so the matching problem involved both the base color and the correct size and reflectance of the metal flakes. It took 7 test panels to get it right, but the final result is indistinguishable from original.
ncundy

Unread post by ncundy »

This brochure seems to reference the Flavia 2000 if it helps
Attachments
lancia italy colours opt_part2.pdf
(195.94 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
lancia italy colours opt_part1.pdf
(140.14 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
gamma a.i.

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

this reply to nothing has nothing to do with any color code of nothing; but is a reply to Flavia/Gamma ?'s I sent to CSk, who is 1 of 2 Gammisti that I know who, is or was also a Flavisti; if I may refer to a 2000Cup as a Flavia,
CSk has not always written kind things about his purchase or ownership of his now ex 2000*...so I thought he would be the better choice to ask than spmeone I know who would lean in the direction of the older "classic-car"; besides CSk is an auto-engineer & brutally hinest; except when he is not. * I have gotten the impression that he wasn't happy with his purchase; which really had nothing to do with the merits / lack thereof of the 2000
Here goes his reply to "nothing":[/u; slightly shortened version

2000 vs Gamma by Csk:

Well it's academic I 'spose, but in my book the 2000 was a proper classic w. definitely 'old' technology in feel & control & build quality, if you prefer it, leaf sprung rear end which made it potentially tail happy to near 'stepping out' if pressed on winding roads, specially w. uneven surface; would get quite hairy..

Really a 60's car which could explain it's limbo status, not really so sought after like Flavia it replaced although prices have rocketed, but mainly due to it's rarity, few survived & I'd get something else w. the same money; like a little Ferrari aka 250 GTE I'd say (even has the same binnacle from the 330) w. same spindly window frames, making a delightful crisp 'clunk' using the doors..
What was a fabulous feature were 1/4 windows & opening rear windows, open at high speed there was no noise or turbulence in cabin, just a nice breeze.. Why auto industry stopped using that I'll never understand..

Raunchy, even crude on the move, but Lancia typical fabulous accuracy cruising in a str8 line & not too demanding turns, but a tad 'heavy' & it was quite thirsty too.. A bit of an odd because of it's size, no rear seating what so ever even if it's twice as long as a Fulvia (really?), still it may have very well been very refined for it's time & top drawer, but definitely a last of the last if you like; I'd really opt for Fulvia HF or Zagato 1.6 if I was going through that period again or just buy an earlier Flavia..
Not really bad at all, but not really very good either & certainly no 'woohoo' which is academic. I'm not that well wandered in 70's cars & the only real common between 2 cars is boot design, however more pronounced on Gamma.. Speaking of which was nifty boot-handle w. access ONLY from inside car, they sadly overlooked on Gamma.. It was so choice, and w. a lock too..

Gamma S1 was a big leap, a modern car, avantgarde, still with some crass features however, noisy fan, slow windows, sloppy wipers etc, which are only result the technology then.. I also wondered why S1 were made w. carb when 2000HF had used injection, it seemed odd in retrospect & I too would also like to know why Gamma S1 had carb?

The move on the S2 to fit it w. injection made it dull in my opinion & compromised the Gamma (was my very first sensation when I bought my S2 still w. my S1 which seemed more solid w. much better seats) however S2 w. flush fittings and 'styling' on interior was I suppose really an improvement, but then I am much partial to the S1, it was so radical, because it was my first & imo had a more unique feel.

The only haphazzard design is the clima layout on dash, which never really worked visually for me & was just a redesign on S1 which was just clumsy 'n' ugly.. I do enjoy the multi color 'gum' drop buttons the most.. love those

Imo much much improved & noticeable balance over 2000 because of Mcpherson setup which was the new milestone.. In fact still as good as it gets.. and 2000 may well have been best of what was, but I really doubt it..

* 100-0012_IMG.jpg (117.93 KB, 600x450 - viewed 9 times.)
Henrik

Unread post by Henrik »

You won´t get far in Ferrari country with 10.000€. Be it 250, 330, or 365. In fact you won´t go anywhere. 100.000€ is more likely.
A Fulvia is another creature alltogether. And can not really be compare to a Flavia/Gamma. You should know that Johnny "Z"
The 1969 Flavia 2000 Coupe was the last development of the Flavia. Originally introduced in1960.
The coupe shared all basics with the berlina. And even then, a lot happened in ten years. The "2000" was Fiats way of prolonging the
life of the Flavia line. Untill the new "Flancias" were ready.
The Gamma was technically a different. But the Flavia/2000 and Gamma had several things in common.
Both were "GT" cars. Expensive yet underpowered with too few cylinders and BHP. At least compared to their competitors.
In 1969 a Flavia 2000 Coupe cost the same as a Jaguar E-type AND a Mini !!
Roadholding, high build quality, good brakes, stress free, low noise "high speed" cruising. That was where the last Flavia shined.
The Gamma got of to a bad start due to faulty motor engineering. "Unreliabel and rust prone" was the cry.
Today you can swap your Jag.E for a Flavia, a Gamma AND a Fulvia.
So we, the select few, who has seen the light. Should be thankfull that most of world lives on in ignorance:)
Allways happy motoring in your Lancia. I love them all.

Henrik
Henrik

1970 Flavia Coupe
gamma a.i.

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

H, I wasn't, myself, always sure what CSk meant in his text above; but I cut&pasted it as he wrote it, eliminating only the's to make it shorter...I didnt write it. CSk often posts stories & lovely fotos on Gamma Forum.

I'm sometimes not sure what he is saying therein nor why he is saying it; but I read & enjoy it anyway;)

I cried laughing so much svrl yrs ago when he wrote of his trial-tribulation-hilarious sad-story of buying a 2000 Coupe & the thereafters thereof

Fulvia.... is kids fun - & I am a kid !

Gamma.....once a clients came out of his oriental restaurant (I had just delivered Ital Caffè !!!) as I was preparing to leave..I wondered why ...he ran his hand over the wet hood, roof & trunk (American English) not looking at me as he did, he also didn't say 1 word.....then he went back into his restaurant.

That says it all .......................................................
echobravo

Unread post by echobravo »

The car was called Flavia 2000 for 69, 70, 71. Anyone discovered the code for Argento Metalizzato?
fernandel

Unread post by fernandel »

Ed Levin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, that's the same 1972 chart that Colin posted,
> and that I referenced. But, as we've learned,
> they're for the 1971-71 2000 Coupé, not the
> 1969-70 Flavia 2000 Coupé. I've got the Glasurit
> equivalents for the 1972 chart, but it doesn't
> really answer the question.
returning to color codes... (two years later! :) )
Hi Ed Levin ,
i have a 1972 2000 HF coupè "Grigio" as the 2000's color chart posted before,
the label in the gloves box says "duco 95 34767 Grigio"
do you have the Glasurit equivalent for it???
Thanks!
Stefano
Ed Levin

Unread post by Ed Levin »

The 1972 2000HF dark, non-metallic Grigio is Glasurit LAN 218

Return to “68 Flavia, Lancia 2000”