89 8v Thema IE- New to me...

2LV2

Re: 89 8v Thema IE- New to me...

Unread post by 2LV2 »

Hi There,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorted the Fuel pump, which was not the problem in the end. Replaced the Fuel Pump/ Starter Relay, relevant to the Bosch LE2 system that the car has. Real pig, cos the relay is no longer in production. The local Lancia Club helped out.

Now realised that the prblem extends further. The sensor at the pulley seems to be at fault as I am having intermittant problems with hot starting. Typical symptom is start as usual, then die due to fuel pump not engaging. Can't understand why it is intermittant though? Can't find a replacment sensor at the mo, so the car is standing:(

Oh well. Still learning the car. Good car overall, so, worth the effort.
2LV2

Unread post by 2LV2 »

Hi There,

Been re-reading the posts over the last while.

It seems as if the Lancias out here ins sunny South Africa last much better than those in UK/ Europe.

People keep mentioning rust problems, but that is the interesting thing out here. The Gauteng climate is very dry and the high altitude means a rarified atmosphere. The cars just dont rust here. Cars of 25 years old can look as if they rolled off the production lines yesterday. Keep wondering why guys from the UK dont source cars from here.

Ou real problem is that the cars are very rare here. The local Ferrari club is bigger! If you could help with spares, we could provide good donor vehicles? Could be interesting......:)
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

I had an issue with the sensor on the crank pulley where the engine mounts had become so loose that they allowed the motor to move enough so that the pulley knocked one of the sensor lugs off which meant the car would only run on 2 cylinders. As far as I know the crank sensor is for the spark and spark only. Don't think that the fuel pump is connected to this in any way.

David

Return to “51 Thema”