image_03.jpg (30.14 KiB) Viewed 627 times
image_02.jpg
image_02.jpg (32.54 KiB) Viewed 627 times
image_01.jpg
image_01.jpg (27.14 KiB) Viewed 627 times
Philip

Re: R.I.P. Lancia Delta...

Unread post by Philip »

what happened? what about the 'fire prevention system' which Fiat Group cars used to have?
sad images...
F..

Unread post by F.. »

I don't know whats happened. I Found the sad picters on Autoblog.nl & Autojunk.nl without comment whats happened...
Philip

Unread post by Philip »

then best ignored and not posted, as otherwise its totally meaningless and confusing.
fulvia a.i.

Unread post by fulvia a.i. »

probably sent by another auto company; maybe GM..since they still may be angry at the Fiat Group.

A scare tactic ? or was it taken in Kabul ?

seems to have been sent to every language forum in Viva Lancia !
Ralph deMasi

Unread post by Ralph deMasi »

My brother in law who's currrently in Italy was given the option of a new Delta as a rental car. It might be a marketing ploy to get the car among the public but I thought that was strange with a new offering. Maybe demand is slack because of the economy.
Philip

Unread post by Philip »

they are also available for rent in Germany, I think Europcar. Lancias were always available for rent in Italy, and why shouldn't they? If you see a BMW rental car is it because BMW is in a crisis? Manufacturers sell their wares wherever they see a profit potential and if there is a marketing angle to it as well, why not?
gamma a.i.

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

the more Lancia (any new model) that are seen on the road increases Lancia's "visual profile": which is good.

However, having said that I will go on to say that "in the 1st month or so of the Delta being available in Germany quite a # were sold, but few were actually reported to have been seen on the road.

Recently I was told by my friendly (German) Lancia/Fiat/Abarth Dealer "Oh, yeah, sure, sure, many Delta were sold in the 1st month...to us ! Every dealer who wished to remain a dealer had to register the "demo" that they were required to buy, so, in the 1st month..when they were trickling in... the "sales statistics" were high.
I have not actually sold 1 yet, no 1 has even asked for a test-drive. But our demo Delta, which hasn't ever left the showroom in 6 months, is available..Hey, I'll give you a great trade in..." by this time we were both laughing too much to continue

I, John, travel a lot in N. Ital. I do see Delta being driven there, but not as often as I see the Fiat ummm...aaah ...wait a minute...I'll remember...give me a while... oohhh yeah, the trunkless wonder...the Chroma !!

Oh, well...the same dealer told me he also had to buy 1 Fiat Chroma 2 yrs ago & register it...he sold 3 in 08 & (sorry) 0 in 09; because "they are not quite vans, nor are they real station-cars, nor actually limousines....I am frustrated, because they're good cars & quite expensive to boot...but I can't tell you why anyone should want to buy one"

Personally, the Fiat that I, John, who doesn't sell Fiat or Lancia for a living, like the most is the "Bravo with a Boot (Trunk)..the Turkish-built Fiat-Linea.

In any case, I'll keep on driving my (paid for) Fiat Stilo, for a long time & be happy.

Although I will admit that " I DO LIKE THE BIG FAST DIESEL DELTA....A LOT !!!"
Philip

Unread post by Philip »

Hi John!
one is beginning to see them on the roads here and in France; lots in Italy...there are 'pre-registered' specail offers available here in good old 'no discount' CH and if I liked Black or metallic grey might have been a little tempted...I agree about your thoughts about the Croma, which is an Opel underneath anyway, as are all its petrol engines. Its as expensive as an Alfa 159 but somehow falls between two stools when you want to compare it with anything...they tried re-branding it a a SW but no one believes them...if it were lower, and with a boot, I'm sure they would have sold more!

I drove the Delta 1.8 DiT the other day; great car, even with the automatic box, but I'm not too happy with the steering feel and dislike the dashboard. The main instruments are nice, but the central console? doesn't convince me...yet...the Lybra's is much nicer.
gamma a.i.

Re: God save the Lancia Lybra...

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

plus, you lovely Lybra is paid for !

By the way, I bought the Ami8 (ex south France) as a "funner-car". went to register it today after getting all the doucuments required for a never before registered (here) car...the Zulassungstelle is closed today !

Ha ha, it 'serves me right' for not buyng that Fulvia in Innbruck (yet)

Return to “01 General Lancia discussions and forum messages”